Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Clone Wars Animated $6.99? No Way!

just saw the news over at GH that the new animated figs are going to be $6.99 a piece at target. i was kinda on the fence with these, but this pushed me over the edge, there is no way i will pay $6.99 for these figs! little articulation, few accessories, nice little novelty items, but not necessary for my collection at $6.99.

They're an exclusive, did you really expect them to be as cheap as the regular figures. This is about the price point that I figured. Since they were coming from Target.

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I still plan to get some of these. After all, it's nice to have something different in the collection. Do you plan to snag these then JJB?

I only wanna get Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Dooku. That's enough of the animated figures for me.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

I'm not a huge fan of the 'style'. But I'll probably get a set for my collection. The Dooku does look very sweet though, as does the CloneTrooper.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The price is okay. Actually from Target that is kind of steep. I wil still get these.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Bummer, i was going to get them (still will actually, they are too cool to pass up) but the price has lessened my enthusiasm. Hopefully none will be shortpacked so we all have a decent shot at them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I don't have a problem with the pricing. Yes, I'm on a budget but it's not like they are making more than a dozen characters for the line.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well I kind of figured the price would be higher since they are an exclusive. I still don't plan on getting any of these since I think they look like poodoo. Which of course means they'll be a rarity to find and fetch top dollar on eBay.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I wouldn't worry to much about the price on these figures. Target is notorious for setting prices early and then when they hit the shelves they are already reduced. The B-wing took about a week to get knocked down to half price. Not to mention all the 12 inch stuff! I got my 12 inch Speeder Bike for $29.99. Then again these are 3 3/4 inch figs., so It could be harder to find them. I'll wait to hear from Pendo before I make a decission. He always seems to know what the score is.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

No need for anyone to fret about the prices. Some dumb stocker will inevitably stock them on the same pegs as the basic figures and you can just argue that the price said $4.99 and they'll have to give it to you for that. That's how I got a CW Gunship for the price of a Jedi Starfighter, not that I condone anyone following by bad example.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.