View Poll Results: Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

Voters
507. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 78.30%
  • No

110 21.70%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Let's not forget Kyp, Ganner, and Miko Regalia. That would make for a great three pack as well. There are alot of potentials in this. But I think they need to segway some of these characters into at least cartoons so more people get to hear their names first.

I've made no secret of the fact that I don't like the EU stories or characters. So, unsurprisingly, I voted no.

These days, my collecting habits are a pale shadow of what they once were. I've bought maybe one action figure in the last three months (the Imperial Dignitary) and about 90% of the upcoming figures I have no interest in. So there is no way I'm going to spend $5 apiece on some kids that didn't even appear in the movies.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Expanding on Tycho message a little, why not do what I do...

Besides reading a little before going to bed...

Read when your on the .....potty, thought I would say something else huh?

I can read a bit, while I'm just a sitting and a straining...well maybe not the straining part...

Okay, so I'm being funny about this. Seriously though, I've gotten alot of reading and "serious thinking" done on the throne. Just keep one of the novels in the bathroom and you'll have more to look forward to than just the normal...just remember to put the book down BEFORE wiping...
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    Expanding on Tycho message a little, why not do what I do...

Besides reading a little before going to bed...

Read when your on the .....potty, thought I would say something else huh?

I can read a bit, while I'm just a sitting and a straining...well maybe not the straining part...

Okay, so I'm being funny about this. Seriously though, I've gotten alot of reading and "serious thinking" done on the throne. Just keep one of the novels in the bathroom and you'll have more to look forward to than just the normal...just remember to put the book down BEFORE wiping...

Well, if the book didn't stink before you read it, ...

Now in that pic is that Luke on the far right or is that Anikin Solo?

Somebody on here has an avatar that says Jaina that looks alot like Padme.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

In the picture I posted from the cover of Crisis at Crystal Reef, when the Solo kids are on the edge of age 17, that's Luke their 44 year old Jedi Master.

He just definitely doesn't look 44 in that picture.

Modern figures of Jacen and Jaina should first be made of the Solo kids as adults. They are now 22 years old following New Jedi Order - that's Luke and Leia's age in ROTJ for those of you who are thinking these are "kid" action figures like maybe the E1 Anakin Skywalker figures. Not in the slightest, although if an EU line is popular, some day they might be able to sell the Solo kids at an age a little younger.

And does Jaina look like Padme? That IS her grandmother, so ...

But Jaina looks more like Leia, as most art and every other author has described her - Leia with a little bit of Han's features.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

custom jaina jacen

Going on my guess that you voiced I cut off my eps. I Padme's head and placed it on my Endor Ewok village leia's body, gave her an extra lightsaber, and walla! i had Jaina Solo. ANd to create Jacen Solo I took Luke Bespin with removable hand(not the Saga) and placed a Han Solo head(after sculpting it a bit) and presto I had Jacen Solo. If only I could make an Anakin Solo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    In the picture I posted from the cover of Crisis at Crystal Reef, when the Solo kids are on the edge of age 17, that's Luke their 44 year old Jedi Master.

He just definitely doesn't look 44 in that picture.

Modern figures of Jacen and Jaina should first be made of the Solo kids as adults. They are now 22 years old following New Jedi Order - that's Luke and Leia's age in ROTJ for those of you who are thinking these are "kid" action figures like maybe the E1 Anakin Skywalker figures. Not in the slightest, although if an EU line is popular, some day they might be able to sell the Solo kids at an age a little younger.

And does Jaina look like Padme? That IS her grandmother, so ...

But Jaina looks more like Leia, as most art and every other author has described her - Leia with a little bit of Han's features.

That's pretty close to what they'd look like. Only Han's 29 at the youngest when he appears in the movies, and Jacen's still 7 years younger than any Han Solo head you may have. But with the figures, you can't really tell - though the Hans they make tend to look a little older like when he's 33 in ROTJ.

You know what's an irregularly young looking Han head? The Endor Shield Bunker Han from the Saga assortment. It still looks a little old for Jacen Solo, but it does look a lot like what he's going to look like in 7 years...

It's funny, but Ford aged between ANH and ROTJ (well of course, since it was over 6 years of HIS life in the real world:

ANH:

Harrison: 27 1975 filming begins for release in 1977
    Han Solo: 29 in the Battle of Yavin

ESB

Harrison: 30 1978 filming begins for release in 1980
    Han Solo: 32 in the Battle of Hoth

ROTJ

Harrison: 33 1981 filming begins for release in 1983
    Han Solo: 33 in the Battle of Endor

So Harrison has typically portrayed Han Solo as being older than he actually was.

HASBRO does it this way:

ANH

Han Solo 33

ROTJ

Han Solo 27 - LOL

But anyway, since the kids don't look exactly like their parents, figures would be nice. But in 3 3/4" scale, I guess it would be hard to distinguish who is who: Jacen or Han, Jaina or Leia - except by what they wear.

But if you were going to use a Han Solo head, I'd suggest the POTJ Bespin Han or the Endor Raid Saga Han, and put it on the new Luke Jedi body, or an Obi-Wan Kenobi Naboo (E1) figure's body.

You really need a younger head for Jacen when he wore that Luke Bespin style standard-issue utility suit. Jacen was 16 when he last wore that outfit, nearly 11 years younger looking that the youngest looking Hasbro Han.

Leia and Jaina's ages are more closer related for their action figure counterparts:

ANH:

Leia's 18
    Carrie's 17
    Hasbro's figure is an orangutang

ESB

Leia's 21
    Carrie's 20 and on cocaine

ROTJ

Leia's 22
    Carrie's 23 and in chained to rehab wearing a metal bikini

Jaina Solo wears a similar outfit to Leia Bespin Escape's when she's 16, but it's tan like Luke Bespin's. Most Hasbro Leia heads will do.

Later, Jaina Solo wears an X-wing Pilot's uniform like Luke X-wing POTJ's (which is small enough but lacks boobies and a shapely behind). She would be 18 years old, and using the Leia Boussh head, or the Queen Amidala Theed Hanger Fight, or Padme Droid Factory head would be a good idea so her hair fits into a helmet. My friend used a Leia Bespin Escape body, and sculpy, to add the X-wing gear onto that figure after it was painted the appropriate orange.

Finally, Jaina the Jedi might dress like Bariss Offee. That would probably make an awesome Jaina Solo custom, with Leia Dark Empire's head, or Leia Ewok Princess' head, or Padme Tatooine's head (E1).

Jaina does not style her hair with curls, fancy braids (like Leia Bespin's) or ponytail wraps like Leia Ceremony's). She wears her STRAIGHT hair, hanging straight down when she's not in her flight uniform.

My friend James McCallister made the attached custom figures. From left to right they are:

Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Tahiri, Lowbacca, Tsar Sabentyne, Tekli, Zekk, Ganner Rhysode, Tenel Ka.

He's improved his work a lot since then, and I don't think Jaina wore green, but she might've.

This was the Myrkr Mission Jedi Strike Team in which Anakin Solo sacraficed his life to save the other members of the team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cm-njo-striketeam2.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 12-29-2003 at 09:33 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Those are some cool customs Tycho.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

wow those are some nice customs...if those were on eBay I would pay quite a bit for them(hint)