View Poll Results: Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

Voters
507. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 78.30%
  • No

110 21.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

With the success of the Clone Wars Expanded Universe line for the Prequel Star Wars era, we also witness the conclusion of the New Jedi Order for the Classic Star Wars era. With that in mind:

this poll asks "Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?"

Nearly 50% of approximatley 560 of our readers said that once the Star Wars line had represented all the characters seen in the movies in the 3 3/4" line, you would want Star Wars to continue releasing new figures for this collection, in this size, and tap into the Expanded Universe, more resculpts or re-releases, or whatever it takes, rather than change the size of our basic action figures.

For over 10 years, since their creation in the Timothy Zahn novels which saw Star Wars rebirth and Jaina and Jacen's literal birth, the Solo twins have been rising stars in the adult Classic Star Wars literature. Yet while Hasbro has done some Expanded Universe figures, and most recently had a very successful run with the Clone Wars, Hasbro never made New Jedi Order figures, espcially Jaina and Jacen Solo.

So if they did, would you personally buy them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaina & Jacen Solo.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 12-18-2003 at 02:15 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm pretty picky about my EU choices, and the Solo kids aren't part of that, so I vote no... unless they were really cool SW figs. I have some EU figs I would definitely buy, but not these.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Of course I would.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

To own the children of Leia and Han -- are you kidding??

These would be a great addition to a collection...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

As you can tell by my Avatar, I definately would. As long as they come with lightsabers, though.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I agree Silent Chazz -- along with some sweet pistols and perhaps some cloth capes or something...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

expanded Uni figures

I think that would be cool. I would love to see Zahn's figures made And a 12" Thawn in his white uniform, Theres a seller.

I'll admit, I haven't voted yet because I'm torn. I'm not a huge fan of the Solo kids. They remind me too much of the Wonder Twins. Why? I don't know, they just do.

(And for fans of the original JLA cartoon, the decline of the series can be traced to the introduction of the Wonder Twins!)

I'd probably buy them, but there are other characters I'd rather see created first.

I'm not a fan of NJO (I stopped reading EU SW after the Zahn duology) but I would get them if they were grown up, had lightsabers, and really cool outfits like cloth capes. That way you could use them as generic Jedi and not just Han and Leia Jr.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    (And for fans of the original JLA cartoon, the decline of the series can be traced to the introduction of the Wonder Twins!)
    I thought the show was going downhill with the introduction of Wonder Marv, his idiot dog and his girlfriend.

We still need a good Thrawn figure, and a Noghri, and a real Darktrooper... there's a lot of EU figures left to be done. The question is, will there be a market for them?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.