View Poll Results: Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

Voters
507. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 78.30%
  • No

110 21.70%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

With the success of the Clone Wars Expanded Universe line for the Prequel Star Wars era, we also witness the conclusion of the New Jedi Order for the Classic Star Wars era. With that in mind:

this poll asks "Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?"

Nearly 50% of approximatley 560 of our readers said that once the Star Wars line had represented all the characters seen in the movies in the 3 3/4" line, you would want Star Wars to continue releasing new figures for this collection, in this size, and tap into the Expanded Universe, more resculpts or re-releases, or whatever it takes, rather than change the size of our basic action figures.

For over 10 years, since their creation in the Timothy Zahn novels which saw Star Wars rebirth and Jaina and Jacen's literal birth, the Solo twins have been rising stars in the adult Classic Star Wars literature. Yet while Hasbro has done some Expanded Universe figures, and most recently had a very successful run with the Clone Wars, Hasbro never made New Jedi Order figures, espcially Jaina and Jacen Solo.

So if they did, would you personally buy them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaina & Jacen Solo.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 12-18-2003 at 03:15 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm pretty picky about my EU choices, and the Solo kids aren't part of that, so I vote no... unless they were really cool SW figs. I have some EU figs I would definitely buy, but not these.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Of course I would.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

To own the children of Leia and Han -- are you kidding??

These would be a great addition to a collection...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

As you can tell by my Avatar, I definately would. As long as they come with lightsabers, though.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I agree Silent Chazz -- along with some sweet pistols and perhaps some cloth capes or something...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Uh, yeah!

Gotta say that I've been reading the Star Wars books for about as long as I have been collecting the figures. Jaina and Jancen aren't even two of the coolest EU characters ever, but you bet I'd buy 'em. Anyone else think a Yuuzhan Vong figure would totally rock, or am I just crazy?

Cool Solo kids, Jedis, Yuuzhan Vong, etc, etc!

Sure, I'd buy the Solo kids, and just about any other EU character, from the novels and comics to videogame characters like Darth Malek and Darth Bandon. This is a richly diverse, largely untapped source for very cool toys. But, why wait until all the movie characters are produced? Mix up the line with a few characters from the movies and EU in each wave of figures, especially after all the EPISODE III-specific characters are exhausted (probably around 2006).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

I forgot to mention, the first Star Wars novels I read had Jacen and Jaina as the main characters, the Young Jedi Knights novels.
    Last edited by Silent Chazz; 12-18-2003 at 03:23 PM.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Of course I'd like Yuuzhan Vong and other Expanded Universe characters from the Classic Star Wars era (and the New Jedi Order it evolved into), but Jaina and Jacen Solo are the 2 main lead characters, after Anakin Solo's demise.

To compare a potential NJO toy line with the Clone Wars line, you have 4-5 main leads with Clone Wars:

Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    Yoda
    Mace
    ARC Troopers

Of course there are lead villains, but they are EU, since Dooku never got a CW figure in the regular line (not counting animated figures here).

So for the main leads of a Classic Era EU line, you'd have:

Luke
    Leia
    Han
    Mara
    Jaina
    Jacen

It's a great way for the 3 3/4" collection to continue, and it can be every bit as marketable, as

Jaina could be made as a pilot, a Jedi, and an apprentice.
    Jacen could be made at least as a Jedi and an apprentice.

Any Yuuzhan Vong or other EU figures all interact with the Solo twins, whether it's Corran Horn, the Noghri, Ssruvvi, or Talon Karrde.

And SW tradition saw in Trilogy 1, the older generation: Qui-Gon, Sith Lord Maul (young as he was in age), pass on, and a new generation, Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padme step up. In Trilogy 2, Obi-Wan, and Padme are either gone or on their way, as Luke, Han, and Leia step up, and eventually, even Anakin leaves them behind too.

As SW continues, a new young generation will have to continue the story. Leia and Luke are about 45, and Han's 56. New teenage/20-something heroes are needed - and Jaina and Jacen are it.

That doesn't mean all of our readers agree. So let's learn who does, and who does not.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.