Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Special Edition Question ??

Maybe someone can answer this for me...

In the ROTJ Special Edition why was Han Solo's line changed from "Trust me" to "I can see much better now" when shooting the Sarlacc from Lando's leg.

To me this is a pointless change... "Trust me" seems like a much better line.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Nobody knows but Lucas. . . .

I think that one's about as pointless from changing the rather funny ESB line, "You're lucky you don't taste good," to the bland, "You're lucky to be out of there."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Mm. That was a change I had forgot about. Same deal with Luke screaming as he fell. Not that horrible, but I have to wonder if I liked it better with him falling silently...

"Trust me" IS just a better line, it makes Solo sound a little cocky. Plus it's funnier too...
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I hate that scream. i hate it hate it hate it! Before, Luke made the solemn choice to end his life rather than go to the dark side. Now he just slipped.

Exclamation RESTORED LINES...

The "I can see much better now" line was originally recorded during the initial looping sessions for ROTJ as was the "Close the blast doors- Open the blast doors" line was for ANH. Both are present on their corresponding "Story of" albums that came along. I dunno why they were reinstated for the films, though I can see how they would lend themselves to a non-visual format such as the story record/cassette albums.

I have no idea why the Luke line was changed on Dagobah. It was "cute" the way he talked to Artoo like that... like Artoo was a puppy or something...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't like that "close the blast doors" line, it's too cutesy-pie and it's in the wrong voice. It's nearly as bad as Luke's ESB scream.

As for the other changes, I think Lucas did them mostly just because he could.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the lines should have stayed the same.Don't get me wrong I like the new stuff,but don't change the lines.

I hated the scream that Luke did too.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I don't like that "close the blast doors" line, it's too cutesy-pie and it's in the wrong voice. It's nearly as bad as Luke's ESB scream.

It never bothered me (much) because I always wondered why nobody said "Close the blast doors!" in the original version.
    I thought that if they were gonna re-dub the guy saying "close the blast door!" they'd add HIS voice in saying "open the blast door!" also rather than having the 20 year old voice so it was obvious. And you COULD explain it away by saying it was two different Stormies. The two different voices bother me, but not the line itself.

I figured the doors were closing automatically with alerts going off in that area.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    If it's not bolted down to the ground George will change it eg Greedo for an example
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious