Cloud City Meeting

In The Empire Strikes Back when Han, Leia and Chewie first confront Darth Vader in Cloud City, a few shots were fired and a load of Stormtroopers come in. The group then kinda surender and the doors close behind them. The next thing we see of them, Chewie and Leia are locked up and Han's being tortured. But what happens in the Meeting room before they are taken to be locked up? Do they have a conversation? Have something to eat? Are they taken immediatly to their cell? What was said? Was anything of this ever filmed and edited?

What do you guys think?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I've always wondered what Vader ate. I think he had a place-setting in front of him. Maybe spaghetti? Or Jello? Or a Slimfast Shake?

Did any of them eat? Is it customary to get tortured on a full or an empty stomach? Does Chewbacca use utensils?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I've always wondered what Vader ate. I think he had a place-setting in front of him. Maybe spaghetti? Or Jello? Or a Slimfast Shake?

Did any of them eat? Is it customary to get tortured on a full or an empty stomach? Does Chewbacca use utensils?
    I think I'd like to know how Vader ate more than what he ate. Would he take off his helmet? Does he even need to eat anymore, maybe his stomach was replaced with a cybernetic thing like his lungs?

From a post of mine dated 10/17/99:

I've found a secret cut of the original scene, it's got a full storyboard and pictures of the filmed scene! It appears that Lucas had originally filmed an awkward buffet scene where Leia and Chewie were unhappy with the food in front of them and got up to the woefully small buffet table, constantly bumping into imperial officers. Not many words were exchanged, although Lucas scripted all 170 clinks and clanks of plates and silverware. Fett ended up having to relight the steamer tray with his wrist flame thrower and even made impromptu shish kabobs with it (to the delight of the imperial officers and a couple of the Bespin security guards). The scene continues with Lobot bringing out the drink cart and refilling all the different space-sodas, and finally ends with this:

HAN stands up after finishing his mynock stew and heads over to the dessert table.

VADER: I see you are interested in the last tiramisu. I assure you, it is spoken for.
    HAN: Actually, I was hoping for some of that chocolate cheesecake.
    LANDO: (yelling from across the room) Han, I'm afraid that's not chocolate, it's carob-blueberry!
    HAN: (angry and disgusted) You've fixed us all real good...buddy!

SOLO moves away from the carob-blueberry cheesecake and accidentally spills an entire tray of cream puffs on VADER's armor. VADER looks down, then at SOLO, down again, then once more at SOLO, and finally at the banana cream pies sitting on the desert table. Suddenly, LANDO punches some buttons on his wrist computer and several droids pushing carts full of various cream pies quickly stroll in...
    --JT - this part of the script was severely damaged by sitting in whipped cream for over 15 years--
    VADER steps out of the door covered in white cream and tells 3 STORMTROOPERS to take the defeated SOLO to the torture chamber after cleaning him and his rebel friends up.

-- JT - There you have it, unequivocal absolutely rock-solid proof that Lucas did indeed have something more in mind for ESB's most enigmatic scene.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I think I'd like to know how Vader ate more than what he ate. Would he take off his helmet? Does he even need to eat anymore, maybe his stomach was replaced with a cybernetic thing like his lungs?
    I know it's not canon, but here's a great site that I like to pop up and say is pretty damn cool for this sort of info. So, without further a do:
    Mouth, feeding and speech.

Flashed images of Lord Vader's skeleton in Return of the Jedi hint that he still possessed teeth, although it is possible that they're bent inwardly somewhat. Shadows of the Empire explicitly reveals his teeth, which he gnashes in anger at one point when he is being humiliated by the Emperor in the presence of his rival, Prince Xizor. In the same instance Vader has thoughts about biting off his tongue and swallowing it.

This implies that he is still capable of chewing and consuming food in the ordinary fashion. Although he sat at a banquet table in Cloud City in The Empire Strikes back and he held a drink on one occasion in the Death Star conference room in the novelisation of A New Hope it is unknown whether he has any mechanism which will allow him to eat while masked. It seems most likely that he only takes nourishment while unmasked in the privacy and safety of his medical chamber. We can assume that his chambers also provide facilities to deal with the other end of his alimentary process.

Vader was able to speak even when unmasked shortly before the destruction of the second Death Star. The weakness of his voice was probably partly due to his breathing difficulty and the internal mortal wounds and damage to his cybernetic systems inflicted by the Emperor. Vader's voice might have been weak even under normal circumstances, due to his permanent breathing difficulties. His voice (and incidentally the sound of his breathing) ordinarily was amplified by a microphone in the breath-mask.
    http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html
    http://www.theforce.net/swtc/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-23-2003 at 02:39 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

There are three threads in this very section offering possibilities of what could have been, plus two others in the TPM and AOTC sections:

A New Hope thread

Return of the Jedi thread

The Empire Strikes Back thread

But to answer this thread's question, I just think there were awkward silences.

(Yet Another) SCENE CUT FROM THE MOVIE
    CLOUD CITY, BANQUET ROOM
    Vader: "We would be honored if you would join us."
    (Door closes)
    Lando: "I really had no choice!"
    Vader: "Remain quiet, Calrissian. I have no patience for grovelers."
    Han: "So. What happens now."
    Vader: We wait."
    (Long pause)
    Han drums his knuckles on table.
    Vader: "Stop that."
    Han: "Stop what?"
    Vader: "Your hands. They're annoying."
    Han: "You're annoying, too."
    Leia: "What are you afraid of? I sense you're trembling."
    Vader: "I'm not trembling."
    Han: "You hunt me down because I'm a scoundrel, a Rebel."
    Vader: "I happen to hunt loners and rebels, Dottie."
    Leia: "Dottie?"
    Vader (jumping up from table): "The stars at night, are big and bright!"
    All: "Deep in the heart of Yavin!"
    Ugnaught: "I'm trying to use the space phone!"
    Chewbacca: "Grragh arr hrgh hrrm?" (I know you are, but what am I?)

See?
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 12-23-2003 at 10:30 AM.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The answer to this thread's question is in 5 words:

Roasted

Ugnaught

Tastes

Chicken
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.