Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Is R1-G4 a dream?....

On 12/23 I saw R1-G4 for the first time, and it has been a long time that I have waited for this figure. We all have. After being passed on in the Hasbro Fan Choice poll We had to wait a year and a half before they made him. I cracked open the package greedily and grabbed the chunky droid. The droid was green, actually green. I had always thought he was black! Like most of you I inspect every angle of the figure, and rotated the figure at every angle to look at the detail.

The droid is completely solid, and some would say he is a simple statue. They would be right by saying that, but I love him just the same. Dings are all over the figures base as well as a black hose as if the droid's been dragged in the mud. The base of the figure has the repulsorlift detail as does the back of the figure. Loose wires hangs from the side of the figure. These wires are very rubbery, and fragile so be careful lest you yank them off of the Droid. In the end the detail is just fantastic, but wait there is one more surprise that you will grin at when you inspect this figure for the first time: The droid has two clamping arms that you can pull out on each side, that way you can defend it from being a statue!

Playability this fig has nothing to offer, but visually it is astounding like Ephant Mon. The figure is the same height as any other figure (not counting it's silver antenna), but it's two times as thick as any other figure. As I said before the plastic is solid, and the paint application is the most joyous surprise. Excluding the playability issue I would say this is the best fig I have obtained since Ephant! It's that cool!
    Last edited by Jaff; 12-23-2003 at 10:07 PM.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

It IS an awesome figure. I love SW droids, so I picked mine up from Cloud City Collectibles(couldn't wait for retail on this one) several weeks ago.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Is the Antenna removable? I didn't know this myself before not to long ago, but the Antenna you speak of, is not an antenna. It's the cable that lowers R1 from the Sandcrawer. Once again, hasbro didn't do their homework. I can't wait to get this guy. I thought I would have it by now, but EE is late with the cases.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No Turbowars the Antenna/cord harness is not removable!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Don't forget the big mono foot can swivel to one side to add that extra amount of stellar playability. I also like how the bottom of this foot is detailed too. Very cool statue indeed.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

It is a great figure. I love it and the new CW animated figures that I found along with it. However I think I like the CW animated figures more for the fantastic packaging.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I love it, its a great figure. True -it doesnt do a darn thing. The base doesnt even swivel (did I spell that right?) Anyways, I cant wait to set mine up with the Sandcrawler and Jawas!

Wheres that Sandcrawler Hasbro?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Does the head spin? There has been reports that it does. Please tell!!!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Hey! His head does spin! Thanks Turbowars. Even better!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Hey! His head does spin! Thanks Turbowars. Even better!
    Yippee! I knew Hasbro wouldn't let me down!
    I knew they wouldn't make him without proper droid articulation!
    Woo Hoo! I can't wait to find this guy now . . .