Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Buying Less Beef?

With the 'Mad Cow' scare going on in Washington State,have any of you stopped buying/plan to stop buying beef and diary products?

I haven't.Had beef yesterday,today,I'll probably have it tomorrow.I have no fear of getting 'Mad Cow'.Some of my friends think I am nuts,but only the spinal and brain matter carry the disease so I have no worries buying those muscle cutsConsidering this was also a diary cow,and diary cows normally are not killed for human consumption it also adds a nice little layer of doubt I'll get such a disease in my mind
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Since I eat more chicken than beef, I'm not going to stress out about it. That is unless they have Mad Chicken Disease. I need to diet anyway, maybe I'll just eat a bowl of lettuce instead!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Absolutely not!!!! It is so idiotic how people are freaking out over this. Mad Cow disease is not even that contageous for humans if they eat the meat because it is mainly localized to the brain and spinal cord.

Even with the epidemic that they have had in Europe, out of 100s of thousands of people eating the beef, only like 128 got sick. This dumb panic better not hurt my dad's beef business.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Since I eat more chicken than beef, I'm not going to stress out about it. That is unless they have Mad Chicken Disease. I need to diet anyway, maybe I'll just eat a bowl of lettuce instead!
    No need to worry BF, eat lots of whatever meat. It is the carbs you need to cut out. In fact beef prices have gone up because of the Atkins diet craze.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 12-27-2003 at 09:40 AM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

The only good I could see with this is if Mcdonalds goes under.....man, I hate that company. Ronald McDonald must not live.....

On a personal side, I will be cautious, yes - realistic or not.

It does make me sick that the farmers or who ever just cut up an infected cow and sent it out to market. The whole beef industry is disturbing. I'm not only talking about the mad cow deal, but the daily routine of killing the cows. I have seen it and it is not humane IMHO. I do eat beef, but I don't have to like how it's done right?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Nope, in fact I had steak earlier today. Considering I live not too far away from Texas (and Texas & beef....), I think the beef here is gonna be ok.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Went to Ralph's today to get some Roast Beef (for a French Dip sandwich at home) and couldn't find any. Well, any reasonably priced anyway. It was like 5 bucks for 8 oz. Ridiculous. You'd think that cows were an endangered species or something. Hate to see the prices for a good Filet Mignon.

Tell me about it. I was eyeing some rib eyes at Smart and final, the for 3 stakes they wanted 30 bucks. it was like $8 a pound!!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

The only mad cow I'm worried about is the one I might pick up at the bar after I've had too much to drink.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    The only mad cow I'm worried about is the one I might pick up at the bar after I've had too much to drink.
    That was a good one.

I am not in worry mode yet. Not until I hear about human infections will I start to worry. Tonight, I even had a double cheeseburger at McD's (yes, I like to eat extravagantly ) If we do get an Oprah-like panic though, I will be probably give up beef entirely. I can live without. Chicken, on the other hand, never.

The cow, by the way, that was infected came from Canada. Is it me or are those good-for-nothing Canadians always starting trouble down here?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.