Post January 2004: Monthly DVD Round-Up

Well, December was a huge month for DVD's. January thankfully is a bit lighter for me. Since there's only a few titles on the 'Wanted' list. Quite a few like Cabin Fever, House of the Dead, and Comic Book: The Movie are on the rental list. Since I've not heard good enough things about them to move them from the vague intrest to must own lists. And Underworld, which I did see in the theater isn't that great. So here's mine, what's yours?

January 6th:
    - Nothing -

January 13th:
    Freddy Vs. Jason (Platinum Series)
    Spider-Man: The New Animated Series - Season 1
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 5: Notes From The Underground
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 6: The Shredder Strikes

January 20th:
    - Nothing -

January 27th:
    Alice In Wonderland: Masterpiece Edition
    The Critic: The Complete Series
    Dilbert: The Complete Series
    Farscape - Season 4: Collection 2
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Collector's Edition)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-27-2003 at 07:01 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I seen the Ninja Turtles box set at a Walmart yesterday. I briefly thought about getting it but its going to have to get in the back of the line of wants that seems never ending. Too much stuff, too little money. Any idea on when the old Turtles cartoons box set will hit? That will come to the front of the wants list.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Underworld comes out January 6th I believe. I never got the chance to see it in the theaters, but i will pick it up regardless. Anything for a cheap vampire movie.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I'm definitely picking up the DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE DVD which has both the Frederic March version which is a must have and the Spencer Tracy version which is pretty tame and not very good in comparison. It's supposed to be out Jan 6, but I've heard rumors it's being pushed back.

Only DVD on that list i want is "Freddy Vs. Jason"; the rest don't concern me.

and ya know Jar Jar, just because something is out on DVD, doesn't mean you have to buy it right away. Ya could wait till you have more $$ or till the price drops. silly gungan!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

If that's the MTV Spider-Man series, I'm tempted. However, I'm not sure if they mean that MTV series or the mid-'90s Fox series, since why say "season 1" if that's the only season that MTV show got? And I can't believe anybody would put that Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon on DVD.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yep JT, it's the MTV Spider-Man show. And it did get picked up for a second season, it's just not going to be on MTV. The current rumor is that WB got it. Though it's not yet been confirmed. I wish they'd put out season sets of the 90's Fox X-Men and Spider-Man series. But alas, no luck so far. Thanks to them being owned by Disney.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Those were great series, I really got into them back in the day.

I hope you're right about the CG Spidey coming back, that show was friggin' awesome! (No surprise then that it came from some of the same folks that did the fantastic TF:Beast Wars CG toon)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

only two for me this month :

26th January
    American Pie 3: The Wedding
    Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves: Special Edition

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I'm going to have to pick up The Critic and Alice in Wonderland. Freddy vs Jason is likely, too. And a friend of mine tells me the first season of GIJoe comes out this month as well.

I thought it was gonna be a cheap month. Guess I was wrong. And I gotta save up to have money to get Ed Wood and The Gods Must Be Crazy two-pack next month!
    Tommy, close your eyes.