Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

You suggest a poll - an "add your ideas thread."

What question would you like to see asked for an upcoming poll?

Suggest a question and some possible answers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I suggested this awhile ago to you Tycho

What VIntage Playset would u like to see rehashed or redone?

Tatooine/Hoth(same but different color)
    Dagobah
    Imperial Attack Base
    Death Star
    Ewok Village
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Star Wars Theme/Amusement Park!

Actually Tycho I just submitted a poll, sorry I didn't ask first. it's not toy related but something we could get very much into.

Can you say Star Wars Theme/Amusement Park!

Sorry, if I overstepped my bounds....Hope you like it though.
    Move along, move along

That's cool JMS!

I don't mind and in fact, Steve is looking for a new polls editor because I've been unable to consistantly deliver every Monday morning. I'm running a business now and I work for my clients and the personnel I supervise first, then play second. (and by my weekends, I'm playing pretty hard now! )

I'm going to continue to submit poll ideas (and possibly continue posting them as I've helped out Steve in one way or another for 7 years - can you believe it's been that long???)

But if Steve finds you (or another interested individual that he can count on) I'm all supportive of the change. I'll still help. I'm not going anywhere. It's just that on Sunday night or all-day on Monday (and throughout the week for that matter) I get quite busy. But that's a good thing. I'm professional now, and I started working on this website when I was only a college student. With progress, the times change.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Poll idea:

Question: If Hasbro offered collectors the option of a direct sale, meaning that a collector could order toys direct from the company in any quantity they desired, would you be willing to pay more? In some cases, substantially more than you would have to pay at retail for the opportunity to guarantee every toy that you want to have.

[] Yes
    [] No

Follow up: If yes, how much would you be willing to pay for this opportunity? An extra dollar per figure? 2 dollars? 5 dollars? What is the "ceiling" that you'd pay for this service that takes the middleman out of the equation?

Or, since the retailer is out of the picture, should the price be less per unit?

How about a poll about polls?!?!!!?

"Todays poll: how do you feel about polls?:

1. They're delightful.
    2. They're horrible; why bother?
    3. I really don't care about them either way."

Get it; a poll about polls?!? Hm, that's so ironic!!

(sorry, it's late and i couldn't resist )
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    How about a poll about polls?!?!!!?

"Todays poll: how do you feel about polls?:

1. They're delightful.
    2. They're horrible; why bother?
    3. I really don't care about them either way."

Get it; a poll about polls?!? Hm, that's so ironic!!

(sorry, it's late and i couldn't resist )
    Maybe it's early, and I only got 4 hours of sleep, but that's funny.

I was thinking of a poll on SSG posters methods they use to browse this forum. For instance, for the longest time I was going to each catagory I liked, like saga figures, or Legos. Then I would check out all the new posts I found interesting. But then I found the "New Posts" area, and it has cut down the time I spend here browsing. Problem is, I don't know quite how to word a survey like that.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

"Does Hasbro need to make more Episode II figures?"
    - Yes, there are a lot that still need to be done
    - Yes, but only a few, they did most already
    - No, they have covered everything I'd want
    - No, I'm sick of or don't care about Ep II toys

---

Stilla, not saying your poll shouldn't be done, but there are 2 reasons why Hasbro would never do direct sales of general Star Wars product.
    Reason 1: their LFL license contract forbids it.
    Reason 2: Hasbro would have to charge a significant amount more than retail to avoid competing with their "retail partners" (this is stipulated in Hasbro's contracts with each of their major retail partners).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    "Does Hasbro need to make more Episode II figures?"
    - Yes, there are a lot that still need to be done
    - Yes, but only a few, they did most already
    - No, they have covered everything I'd want
    - No, I'm sick of or don't care about Ep II toys

---

Stilla, not saying your poll shouldn't be done, but there are 2 reasons why Hasbro would never do direct sales of general Star Wars product.
    Reason 1: their LFL license contract forbids it.
    Reason 2: Hasbro would have to charge a significant amount more than retail to avoid competing with their "retail partners" (this is stipulated in Hasbro's contracts with each of their major retail partners).
    I didn't ask if Hasbro would do it or not. That wasn't the question. Please PM Tycho about this as I already explained the motivation behind the question to him. Things are not always as they seem.

This is his section, so he should have read your comment already as well as mine before that which explains that I wasn't trying to judge whether or not your poll idea should be used.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.