Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Dumbest Toy you ever saw.

The Elecrtic playing AIR GUITAR. You heard right, an air guitar. If you are going to have a toy that imitates a more grown up thing, why would not make it as close to the real thing as possible. A toy of a fantasy, make believe real object. That is like having a kid's tool belt toy tools where you use toy knife to say it is the toy of "when there is not a regular screw driver in the house."
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Doesnt it play the drums and keyboards too? I seen a commercial for it and wasnt impressed. That sucks. Oh well, im sure someone somewhere will find it to be enjoyable. You would have to have no shame to go out in public and play with that.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Dumbest toy definately has to be Body Rap from the late 80's early 90's. The kid would attach these pads all over his body (arms, shoulder, legs, etc) that were connected together with wires. Has he hit each one it would make a sound through the small speaker they were wearing on their belt. So I guess they would attempt to rap while playing music by hitting all these different pads on their body. Stupid.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Doesnt it play the drums and keyboards too? I seen a commercial for it and wasnt impressed. That sucks. Oh well, im sure someone somewhere will find it to be enjoyable. You would have to have no shame to go out in public and play with that.
    It was an actual physical object that sort of resembled pieces of a real guitar.
    It had a a thing that looked like a single section of a fret you would put on your belt and then a cord was attached to that strung to another stick that had the buttons on it. This item was also back in the early 90s.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

At least an air guitar has something to do with being cool, however remote.....
    One of the first things that crossed my mind is a toy that was available a few years ago... I'm not even sure if the name is forum-friendly despite the nature of the thing.....
    Little Wetting Whizzer.... he was like a pound puppy that actually "wet"... the commercial made me mad enough to break stuff..... I pity the poor folks who got roped into plunking down money for such a weird, coarse toy....
    Easy Bake ovens kinda tick me off too- whoever thought them up was a genius....

Nother dumb toy....12" Luke, the vintage one...... every figure I owned was 3 3/4 so getting that big dummy was pretty disappointing...... I mean, the only thing I could do with it was try to figure out how the lightsaber was supposed to work.... oh, and the grappling hook was fun in other scales, too, but at the time (and overall) a dumb toy from my memory
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    At least an air guitar has something to do with being cool, however remote.....
    I wasn't actually saying that air guitarring was dumb but the concept of the toy is. If you are going to have a toy, make it of something closest to the real thing as possible. Meaning they should have just stuck to making a toy that looked like an actual guitar. Because when you play "air guitar" you wish you had a real guitar in your hands. You don't wish you had an air guitar in your hands.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Hmm.Probably that new 'Video Now' thing.For a bit more,a portable DVD player is a better option and its in color.Those Robotic Dogs are dumb too.Nothing can replace the real thing,I mean it has hearts for eyes.Polly pocket was just stupid.

On a semi-related note,Am I the only one who thinks those Bratz and Flavas dolls are ugly?
    Last edited by InsaneJediGirl; 12-31-2003 at 08:26 PM.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I hated trackball when I was a kid. Such huge expectations, and we couldn't make the balls go to each other worth crap. They curved like crazy, as seen on TV, but it was so random... very difficult to throw in a manner catchable by the other person. Toss in even the slightest breeze and you were hooped. The best use I've seen is the one painted silver on Ani's wall in episode I!!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

ScruffZ- I know, I wasn't trying to put ya down, just a lead-in really, man... I like how the point of air-guitar is soundly defeated by having a real air-guitar... it makes my head hurt thinking about it, actually
    JJ- that's funny, now I'll have to think harder- I've thought the same thing about Trak-Ball... I don't recall ever actually,successfully playing with them, despite the fact that they were pretty much ubiquitous in the olden days STRANGE... and there must be more... mebbe some of the old-timers can remember totally useless, self-defeating or otherwise impossible toy or game.... there have to be more.. stinkin trak-ball....
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I had a good trackball experience last summer, it worked quite well once I got used to it.