Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'll second (or third I guess) the vote on the cardbacks. The old ones are so representative of what I loved about the line back then, I remember daydreaming for hours looking at all that plastic. I think those cards and memories are why I have enjoyed the silver figures so far, made with that retro look to them.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I gotta say the vintage Y-Wing, it had an astromech slot! Why loose the removable astromech feature?

Of course, it works the other way for the newer Dagobah X-Wing! I love that they finally included a removable astromech.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I gotta say the vintage Y-Wing, it had an astromech slot! Why loose the removable astromech feature?

Of course, it works the other way for the newer Dagobah X-Wing! I love that they finally included a removable astromech.
    Also the vintage one had more accurate front canons. The POTF II featurered shorter ones.
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You haven´t LEARNED anything, Anakin!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC´s Forbidden Love trailer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bashing the Prequels is like bashing sex.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Why not? The fact that there was a removable astromech droid was just one of the reasons I thought the Y-Wing was so much better than the X-Wing as a kid (I'm talking only about the toys).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

i'll add general Madine to the list. Madine had gray hair, as I recall. Unless he shows up in the prequels!!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    i'll add general Madine to the list. Madine had gray hair, as I recall. Unless he shows up in the prequels!!
    We talking about the figure or the actor? The figure had gray hair. The actor had brown hair. Also the figure's uniform had different colors from the costume. All that a side General Madine was one of my favor ROTJ figures as a kid.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    The figure had gray hair. ... Also the figure's uniform had different colors from the costume. All that a side General Madine was one of my favor ROTJ figures as a kid.
    Unless you believe the "green hair" variation. Bogus, IMO. But yes, his torso was one of the best to add a head to. Before the POTF line, you could make General Lando by simply removing Skiff lando's head and replacing it. Or make Han a true general the same way (well, not by using Lando's head, of course ). And Madine had two gripping hands, not always common in Kenner figures.

p.s. Could we call him G.Mad, a la Jennifer Lopez? (I sense a thread coming! )
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Madine was one of the better vintage figures. Even though it was a plain figure(not to flashy and all) it was awesome. K.I.S.S. rule applied to that one. HOwever one of my favorite all time vintage figures has and always will be the snowtrooper. For some reason as a kid, I loved this figure. I still have about three of the vintage ones.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The vintage line will forever be my favorite. I still have most of my figs. Skipping over the 1995 - EpI era (which I did myself...) I have had a lot of fun comparing the later sculpts to their predecessors. It is remarkable how well the old holds up - and how there was a certain amount of imagination necessary to complete the fig.

From packaging to vehicles to the figures themselves - I vote vintage!

What vintage figures are better than their modern versions?

With all the improvements in toymaking technology, you would think that every new figure would be an improvement over what came before, but we've learned that's not the case as we have inferior versions of some characters released after a nearly perfect version (case in point, the 300th Boba Fett followed up by the 2003 Saga Boba).

Soooo, which vintage figures are still better than their modern counterparts? Right off the top of my head I can think of Bib Fortuna and Endor Leia. Both of them represented the pinnacle of Star Wars figures for the time and Hasbro has yet to top either figure (mostly because Hasbro is starting to seem inept at creating soft-goods accessories).

Han Endor and the Emperor's Royal Guard would be other examples of how much better Kenner was at handling cloth accessories.

Any others that you feel still outshine the modern action figures?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis