Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Han Endor and the Emperor's Royal Guard would be other examples of how much better Kenner was at handling cloth accessories.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Guard... at least 2/3 disagree with you. The vintage one kicks the crap out of the POTF2 and AOTC/Saga versions, but the ROTS figure is absolutely stellar. The cloth is handled perfectly, the articulation is some of the best seen on any figure, and the suit underneath is EU-accurate as a bonus. And you can get the same figure in blue! The only thing that could improve upon the ROTS Emperor's Guard would be the force pike he seems to be missing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think Vintage Emperor is generally better than most modern (maybe ROTS Emperor is closest).

Vintage Wampa is superior to modern...

I still like Vintage Yoda over most moderns....

Vintage C3POs are nice and up until recently the storm/snow troopers/biker scouts were very well done Vintage.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

the search feature is your friend
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I honestly like ANH Leia vintage over any modern version.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I honestly like ANH Leia vintage over any modern version.
    Amen...apparently modern toy making technology cannot solve the Leia delima...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I think there is a bit of a problem the blanket statement "modern." Hasbro line has changed a lot over the years with all the different lines. Most OTC are clearly better than their POTF2 counter parts. But both are modern lines. I stopped collecting the modern is in '02 so I might be very out of date when it comes to many of my comparisons.

Ok my is pretty but I'll explain has I go.
    Poncho Leia: Cloth poncho, removable helmet and the best vintage Leia. The POFT2 version sucked, and I don't remember if there was a OTC or Saga version.
    Endor Han: Cloth coat rocks. And is way better then that thick coat on the Saga version.
    Carbonite Han: Kenner's figure may not be the best version Han, but the Carbonite block rocks as does the way the figure goes in and shows through.
    General Lando: I know there is an OTC versions, but the cloth cape rules.
    Admiral Ackbar: I only know of the POTF2 version with it's He-Man looks is just terrible.
    Prune Face: Again I only remember the POTF2 version. 'Nuff said.
    Royal Guard: I personally didn't think Hasbro would be able to top Kenner's Royal Guard. I don't have the ROTS version, which looks like it be able beat the old Guard (and is one of the few ROTS figures I thought about buying). But given Hasbro's past, the vote goes to Kenner.
    IG-88: Every modern IG-88 I've seen is basically the vintage version.
    Jawa: The modern Jawas are all terrible.
    Bib Fortuna: The Saga version might be better, but all the modern versions I've seen are too fat.
    Squid Head: The POTJ version is good, but the version is clearly better.
    Klaatu: Has Hasbro even made a new version of Klaatu?
    Amanaman: I think one is a tie. The POTJ version looks like it could be a copy of the vintage version.
    Yak Face: The POTF2 version looks too cartoonish.
    Sy Snootles: The only modern version I know of is based on the SE Sy, so it does count.
    Max Rebo: Modern version is a repaint vintage Max.
    Droopy McCool: Same
    8D8: The POTF2 version looks like crap.
    EV-9D9: Movable jaw!
    Most of the Ewoks: Teebo is the only Ewok I thought Hasbro done a descent job with. The rest either haven't been remade or remade very badly.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Sorry, I thought I was being original.

Anyways, I'll have to add vintage 4-LOM (now Zuckuss) and the Ugnaught to my list of vintage figures that surpass their modern counterparts.

I really liked the material used for 4-LOM's cloak and I doubt any future soft-goods Zuckuss will match that.

The POTF2 Ugnaughts were just hideous salt-shakers, the vintage version just had so much more appeal.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Royal Guard: I personally didn't think Hasbro would be able to top Kenner's Royal Guard. I don't have the ROTS version, which looks like it be able beat the old Guard (and is one of the few ROTS figures I thought about buying). But given Hasbro's past, the vote goes to Kenner.
    Trust me. The ROTS Royal Guard lived up to and exceeded every expectation.

Amanaman: I think one is a tie. The POTJ version looks like it could be a copy of the vintage version.
    No, but they look similar because the original was pretty accurate. The articulation is much better on the new one.

Max Rebo: Modern version is a repaint vintage Max.
    Droopy McCool: Same
    Again, they look the same, but I don't know of any vintage figures with waist joints.

Most of the Ewoks: Teebo is the only Ewok I thought Hasbro done a descent job with. The rest either haven't been remade or remade very badly.
    You have obviously not seen the TSC Chirpa, who is perfect to the smallest detail (in this case, a removable knife).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The POTF2 Ugnaughts were just hideous salt-shakers, the vintage version just had so much more appeal.
    Really? While I have a soft spot for the vintage uggy, I found the modern ones to be really good because they look pretty darn movie accurate (and they came in a 2-pack).