Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Republic Commando Game and (maybe) Figures

I just saw a trailer (TV) for a game called Republic Commando (PC & XBOX sofar) from May 2003 (oops) E3 show.....

I think these would outclass ARC troopers since they are bug hunting Geonosians in their catacombs....work for the brave not the squeemish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	7293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	7294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	7295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	7296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	7297  

Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

There have been many, many really cool characters to come out of the various Star Wars PC games, and the only ones ever to get figures were the ones from 1998. Don't hold your breath on these.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Those look kind of cool. Over time as the well of background characters dries up (assuming the line lives long enough too) maybe Hasbro will put out more EU characters in plastic. While i dont see it happening anytime soon, its still a possibility.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

That does leave 2 choice.....Hasbro has the SW line thru 2018 or a Custom figure (which I suck at making)..

;-)

I would love to see figures made based upon this character. I would be SEVERAL of them to add to my armies.
    [url=http://www.sandtroopers.com][img]http://www.chrisrhoads.com/st.jpg[/img][/url]

They would be cool to have, but I'm still disapointed on how bad the Dark Trooper turned out years back. I can see them missing big time on these too.

Red face UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! Possilble Spoiler....Alert

Info at Starwars.com site, official information....

Star Wars: Republic Commando will present a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players will step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience. Some teams of Republic Commandos fighting side by side with Wookiees on Kashyyyk before the major Separatist invasion of that planet in the film happens.

Expected for release Sept 1st 2004

Star Wars: Republic Commando will present a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players will step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience.

Linky Link!!
    http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps...m-detail/12247

No mention of possible toys though, huh? He would indeed be an awesome figure. Will this game be available on Gamecube, or any mention of it being exclusively for computer? Im hoping it hits GC, i dont like playing video games on the computer.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by tjovonovich
    They would be cool to have, but I'm still disapointed on how bad the Dark Trooper turned out years back. I can see them missing big time on these too.
    Dude, the Dark Trooper rocked! I LOVED that game (Dark Forces) and when you throw down with that DT for the first time and get your ***** handed to you, that's one of the great thrills in all PC gaming. The DT was a great character, came from a great game, and Hasbro did a commendable job on the figure. It's the best fig out of the EU line.

J

Thread moved to more reflect topic.

Was formerly in Clone Wars section.
    Move along, move along