Ruins of Dantooine. . . anyone heard of this?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

I saw this at the front counter of a Barnes and Noble a few days ago, and it certainly qualifies as "sneaked on by the radar." It looks like a young readers book based on the SW Galaxies online game. I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm curious if anyone knew about it, has seen it, or (best of all) read it and can offer a review.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I had heard about it on the OS a number of months ago. But they put up info on the book SO FAR in advance that I can never remember when the release date is.

Part of the story is from an actual gameplayer, I'm guessing maybe the beginning and/or the idea of the story, with the rest being fictional. But wholly set in the SWG world.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

It just hit amazon and other book stores a few weeks back. Haven't picked it up yet, but its out.

I, too, did not know this one was a-comin', and I'm about 70 pages in. I'll reserve judgment until I've finished it. It's set after ANH but before ROJ (I think even before ESB), while the Rebellion is still going on.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

not too good folks...

....sorry to say. Picked it up while I was on the road over the holidays. It's really nothing more than a thin attempt at a story that's true purpose is to offer readers (game players) suggestions on settings, creatures and story. The two leads are paper-thin and of course, it won't spoil it to say it ends with the distinct impression they'll be back. Classic characters make breif cameos throughout. This book is nothing more than the equivilent to a quick movie tie-in. My vote: Don't bother...it'll only encourage 'em to "write" more....

Well, jedibear said it all. It's a yawner. Nothing of note, except that it's obvious that the author has a background in biology/zoology.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Yeah, I've been reading this off and on while playing the game and it really isn't all that good. I don't want to give anything away for anyone else, but it's pretty transparent what's going to happen with the male lead in teh book (I haven't finished it yet).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars