Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looks like Yoda will have a lightsaber.....

....allegedly. Over at theForce.net they are reporting that an Episode 2 Lego set includes Dooku vs. Yoda and that Yoda comes with a little yellow lightsaber. I'm not sure how I feel about this, or if it's even true. What do you think?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Yoda with saber and bazooka

I have to admit I am really not liking the idea of yoda bustin the moves. I have heard that ILM thought that the scene looked to silly but GL wanted to leave it in.

I think if it has to happen then he should not have a lightsaber because he has no need for one. Instead he just uses powerful force pushes and such. And that way he wouldn't have to move around alot.

But knowing George Lucas this is going to be some weird scene that doesn't fit the character of Yoda as we know him... and most fans will cringe.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Thumbs down

Yoda with a lightsaber?

"Nooooooooooooooooooo, that's impossible!"

"Father (GL), please, help meeeeeeeee"
    "Now, young Star Wars fans, you will die..."

Please ILM, kill GL and make a clone of him to replace the one that has gone bad...if this yoda/saber hold true.
    "It could have been so much better!"

The pic I saw of the set did have Yoda with a standard Lego saber hilt and what appeared to my Lego-trained-eyes to be a green, not yellow, blade. However, the image was pretty shoddy.

I also don't like the idea of Yoda using a saber, it seems so unlike the character we met in ESB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Use last resorts, a Jedi must.

Although I wouldn't be suprised if LEGO just put it in there for "flavor."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I haven't seen the LEGO thing, but the whole Yoda going "Jackie Chan" with a lightsaber thing makes me wanna cry ... it's just funny... not funny "HA HA", but funny "Put gun to head and blow brains out".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I still am having a hard time with the whole 'Jackie Chan-Yoda' fight too but him having a lightsaber, I hope it's just a LEGO thing and doesn't make it's way into the film...

NO...THAT'S NOT TRUE...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE...NnnnnnnnOooooooo
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Unhappy

Urgh, I remember giving my POTF Yoda Luke's blue lightsaber and thinking "I hope he doesn't fight with one in the prequels", sigh!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

This is probably one of the biggest blunders GL could make. I thought that I had read an article regarding the fight as one where Yoda is the Jedi leader and as someone else has already pointed out, force pushes and the like. I may be wrong. As I have said before, it is GL's universe afterall. were just along for the ride.

You must be this tall to ride this ride.

See, based on what we learned in the OT, I always saw the Jedi being an organization like any other...some of the members were warriors and others were like office staff. While we know that Yoda had significant control over the Force (ESB) and we know why (TPM: midichlorian count ) (sorry WW), he just doesn't have the physique to be in the trenches. Old Ben said it this way: the Jedi were guardians of peace and justice...etc. Well, some are used as guardians of peace (the warrior guys) and some are the justice part (the non-warrior guys).

Yeah, when Yoda ignites that thing, it's gonna look like a great big yellow ****-**. How can it not?
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 12-14-2001 at 10:09 AM.