Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Natalie Portman calls Obi/Anakin Final Duel "sick"

In this story at MtV.com she states that the Final Duel is "sick" but gave no specifics.

linky link

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148...05/index.jhtml

Article

Every "Star Wars" fan knows at least one huge throwdown between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker awaits in "Episode III," but few have any idea how it's going to go down.

Natalie Portman, however, is uniquely qualified to talk about the epic Jedi showdown, seeing as how she recently finished shooting her third and final appearance as Padmé Amidala in the epic prequels.

"I saw a pretty amazing fight scene between Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen," the actress said. "It's pretty sick."

While she was reluctant to give further details about the fight itself, she did reveal something unusual about the high-energy dual. "They did it all themselves. They were thinking of having stuntmen do it, but they were better than the stuntmen. It's pretty awesome."

It's been more than a quarter century since "Star Wars," the first installment of George Lucas' saga, hit theaters and hooked audiences with its special effects, serialized storytelling and esoteric teachings.

The prequels — which take place before "Star Wars" and its two sequels, "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" — tell the story of how the evil empire came to power and how Luke Skywalker's father fell to the dark side and became Darth Vader.

Despite critical derision, 1999's "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" earned more than $431 million. Three years later, "Attack of the Clones" received somewhat more positive reviews and also enjoyed blockbuster success.

Christensen (Skywalker), McGregor (Kenobi), Portman and Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) (see "On Death's Door, Samuel L. Jackson Just Wants To Keep His Lightsaber") have all completed principal photography in Sydney, Australia, on the still-untitled final installment.

Considering the amount of computer-generated effects work the "Star Wars" films undergo, Portman said she's as clueless as anyone as to whether the series will wrap up in a way that's satisfying to fans.

"Is it gonna be worth it? We just shot it and we worked really hard. I think all of us were trying to make it as good as possible. It was our last chance to sort of, you know, do something with it," she said. "So, I'm hoping. But they work on it for two years after we finish shooting, putting the special effects and all that stuff."

"Star Wars Episode III" is due in theaters May 25, 2005, the 28th anniversary of the original's release.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Er, what's the need for the crying smiley? She didn't mean it as a bad thing. "Sick" sometimes means good, like in this instance.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I agree with JabbaMan. I think she means "sick" in the sense that the duel is a high energy, non-stop, intense fight.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

i'm not totally up on all the cool kids lingo, but i think "sick" is the new "sweet", which was the old "bad" that used to be just plain "cool"

I suppose it was on MTV.com.....kids today with their lingo and the sassy talk.....when I was a kid.....

;-)
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

"Sick" is good. I work in a place where all age ranges are present so I hear 'em all.
    In the fifties, Portman woul have said "it's boss"
    sixties- "it's groovy"
    seventies-"it's a gas"
    eighties- "it's cool"
    ninties- "it's dope"
    today- "it's sick" or "it's tight"
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

Their acting is sick, and not in a cool way.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

I hope it just means "sick" to her in meaning so disturbing that she wanted to cry. That is good to me. .
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    I hope it just means "sick" to her in meaning so disturbing that she wanted to cry. That is good to me. .

That's what I thought she meant, as in, it was bloody or Anakin winds up with some gruesome prosthetic makeup or something.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    That's what I thought she meant, as in, it was bloody or Anakin winds up with some gruesome prosthetic makeup or something.
    Now, now Stillakid, Mr. Lucas must maintain his PG rating for the kiddies. I wish the duel would be sick to get the tone right, but I think Stilla would agree with me that Lucas would not be so bold in this area.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.