Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Classic Universal Monsters on DVD, again.

Read this at Fangoria today:

Davis DVD reports that Universal Home Video, which discontinued its Classic Monster DVDs some time ago, is bringing these seminal fright features back to disc this year. First up is FRANKENSTEIN: THE LEGACY COLLECTION, a two-DVD set arriving April 27 and containing James Whale’s original film, BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, SON OF FRANKENSTEIN, GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN and HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN. All the films will be presented in remastered fullscreen transfers with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio, though the impressive supplemental features from some of the previous discs don’t appear to be included. Still, the price is right for the five-feature set: $26.98 retail
    Hopefully the other Universal films follow.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yep. There's going to be a Wolfman and Dracula set as well. At least so far. Since House of Dracula (which has Frankenstein) is going in the Dracula set. And Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman is going in the Wolfman set. Shame that it appears they won't be keeping the suppliments though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJar, please please please tell me this is not a joke. I've been waiting for these too long! Is it finally going to happen???
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yes, you can even see the art over at the following link:

http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34587

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The link isnt working -but that ok. I'm excited none the less!

News is out about the Dracula and Wolfman sets also now. As well as a boxset that includes all three sets. Here's the info from Digital Bits.
    Now here's the really great news! On April 27th, you'll get the Dracula: The Legacy Collection, a 2-disc set which will include Dracula (1931), Dracula: Original Spanish Version and Dracula's Daughter on Disc One, with Son of Dracula and House of Dracula on Disc Two.

Also streeting on that day will be the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection, another 2-disc set including Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein on Disc One, with Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein on Disc Two.

Not done yet - you'll also see the 2-disc The Wolf Man: The Legacy Collection on 4/27, which will include The Wolf Man and Werewolf of London on Disc One, and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman and She-Wolf of London on Disc Two. The SRP on each of these collections will be $26.98.

Finally, 4/27 will also see the release of The Monster Legacy Gift Set 6-disc set (SRP $79.98), which will include all three of the above Legacy collection discs, along with collectible Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolf Man figurines in a boxed set.

We'll have full DVD cover art soon for all of these new Monster sets, but the small thumbnails above should do in the meantime. We don't know if the previously released titles are going to have the same extras as before, but we'll post any additional details regarding bonus material when it comes in. We do know that the packaging for these releases will be Digipaks with outer boxes, and that all of the films will be in their original full frame aspect ratios with audio in Dolby Digital 2.0 mono. All of this is timed to coincide with the release of Van Helsing to theaters.
    http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34585
    http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34586
    http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=34587
    http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...boxSetId=34588

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-16-2004 at 02:10 AM.

WOOHOO!

I dont know about you JarJar but this is looking to be one of the best years for DVDs!

Hopefully the others like Phantom of the Opera, Creature from the Black Lagoon and The Mummy and various sequesls are also on tap!

Here's pictures of the uber boxset and the figurines. Looks pretty damn cool. If the extras are the same as the previous releases, I'm gonna get the boxset. Sweet as hell.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Monster Legacy DVD Gift Set.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	7345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monster Legacy DVD Gift Set.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	7346  

Man, there's nothing better than classic monster movies.I love watching those movies.I'm excited!
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

I know, I'm totally stoked. I bought Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein on DVD tonight. I consider it to be the last Monster movie.