Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Works in progress

Anything in terms of customs/dioramas that you've been planning/working at this time?

I've got something huge underway and thanks for the clearance sales as I'd probably wouldn't have done this. Keep posted...
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Next month I'll be starting the actual construction on a Battle of Geonosis Diorama. Up until now I've just been getting the figures needed for it, but by next month I'll actually have time to begin on the dio itself.
    Last edited by Silent Chazz; 01-09-2004 at 10:36 AM.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Chazz
    Next month I'll be starting the actual construction on a Battle of Geonosis Diorama. Up until now I've just been getting the figures needed for it, but by next month I'll actually have time to begin on the dio itself.
    That's pretty ambitious as I know for a fact that you'll need lots of space for that. I've done a few dioramas on Geonosis and you're more than welcome to use any design ideas from them. Don't forget to post about it when you're done.

AC
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I was gonna do a huge Arena battle diorama, I had it planned since they announced the droid and clone 3-packs. Of course those things turned out to be harder than Hell to find in my area, so I may have to wait a while and continue to army build. If I ever do, I'll definitely post pics - I'm gonna do a setup of everything that goes on in the arena, and make it look like the movie!

I've been working- on and off, on my new diorama -ESB Bespin Hallways,The Escape. It has been a very slow process because I've been slammed at work for the last couple of weeks, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down anytime soon. I also ended up building an ESB shelf a few years back for all my ESB stuff. The top shelf is scenes for the beginning of the movie and descends in order to the bottom shelf for the end of the movie. I have it planned to where my Reactor Control Room diorama sits on top of this one that I am building to allow some space for a Bespin Slave 1 diorama. The only problem with that is it only lets me build the Hallways with only 18" of space long. In this diorama I want to inclued R2 opening the door, windows that show the outside of bespin, and Stormtroopers coming out of an elevator. It's hard to put all these together in one diorama and trying to make it not look too crowded with only 18" of space long so I think I'm going to work these in with depth to hopefully make it look descent. Here is a pick of the lower half of my ESB shelf-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lower part of ESB shelf.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	7313  
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

And here is a pic of what I've gotten done on my new diorama so far-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00709.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	7315  
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedihunter25
    And here is a pic of what I've gotten done on my new diorama so far-
    So far, so good! More ambitious than I will ever be. I simply don't have the specae to build or display any dioramas.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by jedihunter25
    I've been working- on and off, on my new diorama -ESB Bespin Hallways,The Escape. It has been a very slow process because I've been slammed at work for the last couple of weeks, and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down anytime soon. I also ended up building an ESB shelf a few years back for all my ESB stuff. The top shelf is scenes for the beginning of the movie and descends in order to the bottom shelf for the end of the movie. I have it planned to where my Reactor Control Room diorama sits on top of this one that I am building to allow some space for a Bespin Slave 1 diorama. The only problem with that is it only lets me build the Hallways with only 18" of space long. In this diorama I want to inclued R2 opening the door, windows that show the outside of bespin, and Stormtroopers coming out of an elevator. It's hard to put all these together in one diorama and trying to make it not look too crowded with only 18" of space long so I think I'm going to work these in with depth to hopefully make it look descent. Here is a pick of the lower half of my ESB shelf-
    Good idea to have them displayed in the book shelves with a common theme.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I completed my first custom (AOTC Forward Command Center), and then last month decided to take on something a bit more amibitous for the next project. The concept is a custom playset/diorama of an Army of the Republic base, more of a playset or dynamic diorama. The basic framework is some generic plastic storage shelving that I picked up at Kmart; it is presently three shelves, which I have divided into two levels of rooms or corridors per shelf. The top shelf is a landing platform for the AOTC Republic Gunship; the top level or story below that will be turbolaser and laser cannon batteries. The bottom level is almost done, and consists of a main reactor, a shield generator, and maintenance rooms. So far, everything is scratchbuilt from high-impact styrene sheet and assorted plastic bits and shapes from my recycle bin.

Cubicleslave

after some thought and looking at te figures I have aquired for my Geonosis Diorama, I've decided to split it into two different dioramas as to save space to be able to store both in my room (instead of in one large piece that cant store well in my room). I also did this to distinguish my White Battle Droids from Red ones and to be able to fit Yoda and Adi Gallia into a Jedi Vs. Droids Diorama. Basically its going to be a Geonosis Dio with Mace leading the jedi and the second Dio is gonna be another battle of the Clone Wars with Yoda in command of the Jedi fighting the droids. I havent figured out what kind of terrain the 2nd Diorama will be, though, yet. Any ideas?
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy