Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Rule of Target

I saw a post in the Wal-Mart thread and since that thread is creeping toward the political , I figured I would start a thread on it to gauge what's going on in the rest of the country:

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    I've always found Target to be a much classier place than Wal-mart. Around my parts, when you head to Target there's always hot college chicks shopping there.
    This is true.

Call me shallow, call me a pig, but I can't help but notice the overall percentage of attractive Target employees and consumers.

I mean come on, EVERY time I go to a Target store (and I'm talking about a 90 mile radius here), it seems like I'm walking into the Fertile Crescent or something. It's borderline ridiculous.

Sorry.

The Lennox Target here outside of Ohio State does not follow that rule. I mean, you've got your decent looking females and males, because the store is right outside the university, but there's plenty of "uglies" to even things up.

Employee wise, there's one I see in there that's "pug fugly" as Moe from The Simpsons would say. Usually the cashiers look like their from the university, so all is well beauty wise. But Target does beat the Wal Mart lookers, though, in beauty.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Caesar, you shallow pig, I agree with you. I've seen much more attracctive cliental at Target stores than at Wal-Marts. In fact, I'm trying to get a job there! I really, really need to find a job soon. Delivering pizza just ain't making the money that buys the toys.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I hear you Ceaser, even the security guard girl at my nearest Target is hot. I think Targets employee dress code also makes their girls look better. Walmarts look kind of odd, with their regular clothes on and a vest over it. I like Target.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Just don't go in with a red shirt. That's the real rule of Target.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, it seems like Wal-Mart also targets (no pun intended) older employees. Look at all the elderly people working at Wal-Mart. I don't think I've seen a Target employee over 50 in a long time, if ever.

Which kinda makes sense, when you think about it. Wal-Mart has lower prices, they pay lower wages, so they target employees who just want to supliment their retirement or Social Security.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I hear that, I went to a Target with my Y.M.C.A. work shirt on, and I had two people come up and ask me where to find certain items. When I told them I didn't know, they looked at my shirt and said "Don't you work here?"
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

No. The real rule of Target is don't talk about Target.

And yes, the shoppers in my area tend to polarize between Target and WM based on looks and weight.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    No. The real rule of Target is don't talk about Target.
    And Rule #2 of Target is "First learn Rule #1," right?

Oh no. I've mixed up my movie references! Mere anarchy will be unleashed upon the forums! Arrgh! Now there's a William Butler Yeats reference and a pointless pirate quote in there! We're in trouble!! Everyone to Target to ogle the employees and snatch up the 12" Leia Speederbikes before the world ends!!

Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    I think Targets employee dress code also makes their girls look better.
    Heh heh, I was at a Target the other day where either the dress code was being enforced a little too strictly or this gal just liked wearing red undies, which I didn't mind a bit. First time I've ever seen a slacks-wearing Target employees underpants, maybe they ALL wear red.

Tell me! I have the magic touch with that, I own 1 red shirt but it always accidentally seems to be on when I end up at Target. A few years ago, I had what my friends used to call my "can you help me" blue shirt, a regular dark blue T-shirt that every chain seemed to have their employees wearing a similar shirt as, especially TRU. I've tried to stop wearing anything that remotely indicates myself as a potential employee of that particular chain, but it doesn't matter, I wear a long-sleeved black shirt and faded jeans, customers think I work there. Old faded black t-shirt with a frayed pocket and pushing a cart? Of course I'd wear that while working at K-mart instead of the vest they force all their employees to don, ma'am, and this cart with toys and sweats and cereal and a pair of pants, those are apparently go-backs to you, I understand. And it's not even limited to the toy section anymore! I hate working retail, I haven't worked retail in 10 years, so why does everybody think I'm working at any store I'm shopping in?

Anyway, Target rules, Wal-mart drools. Just to add to all the Target love in this thread, I found 12" Leia Speederbike for $12.48 recently and bought it (from the aforementioned attractive clerk showing her undies), and today I picked up Transformers:Armada Unicron for $21.38 to boot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.