Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Metallica movie.........

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/va/2004...370067500.html

Here is some news for the metallica fans on the board. I don't know what to think of this as very few music movies that make it to the big screen do well....the U2 movie comes to mind..hehehehehe anway, there you have it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Um, yeah, I think I'll be passing on this one, not really my cup of tea.
    May the force be with you.

Sounds like it may be worth buying if your a big Metallica fan, and definitely worth renting, but I don't see many people going to the movies to see this.

One thing I would point out is that when U2 put out their movie, they were still climbing to the top of their popularity, what with Joshua Tree and then a new album. They were the biggest thing in rock at the time. Arguably.

But I don't see Mettalica in the same position right now.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

The way the release is supposed to be handle is by releasing the film in the area that Metallica is touring in for their indoor tour this spring. Not sure if that's been changed or not yet.

I can't wait to see that Dave Mustaine scene!

It'll be a good contrast to their last behind the scenes film, A Year and A Half 1&2.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I might be willing to see it once it's out on DVD but I'll probably pass on going to the theater to watch it. Other than being released in the theater how will this documentary be any different that the others they've done?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I might be willing to see it once it's out on DVD but I'll probably pass on going to the theater to watch it. Other than being released in the theater how will this documentary be any different that the others they've done?
    The only real documentary I can think of that this might resemble is a Year and Half 1 and 2. Except this movie has more at stake when watching it. From the early views of the film I have read, the film opens with Metallica in turmoil. Jason Newsted has left them, the Napster scandal still exists, and James Hetfield is about to leave the band to recover from his falling back in with alcohol and pain killers. The movie follows this, and the audience gets to see Metallica put itself back together while working in the studio. The fights we remember from a Year and Half are going to be there, but I think this documentary is supposed to be darker. I mean, the Dave Mustaine and Lars scene sounds more intense than the Lars/James fights they had during the black album recordings.

"You want vocals? Go sing."-Hetfield responding to Lars

Anyway, this film follows the rebuilding, and it ends with a scene of Metallica on stage again playing for a large crowd, so that is all is better with the band.

That's what I think the difference is with this documentary. The audience gets to see the dirty and gritty side to their lives, instead of the glamour and touring fun that A Year and a Half gave us.

I wonder if it'll have the footage of Lars Ulrich crying over the fact he has to wait a few extra weeks for his gold plated shark tank due to the people who are still downloading music.

(sorry JBFF, i couldn't help it dude)
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Oh, one of the times I wish I could moderate this forum.

What would you do?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd stop our fussin' and a feudin' with an edit here, an edit there. Make sure we're all saying the same great things about the subject at hand.

Now to use one of those odd smiles to end this post