Opened a "Sealed" Snowspeeder and no tow cable/gun

Is this a fluke or was I scammed.

A co worker has sold me this and it had the factory sealed tape and no retaping on the orginal packaging.

When it was opened the speeder was not even in the plastic baggie.

Could this have been a Hasblo Kwality Kontrol issue or was I scammed?

Otherwise does anyone has a gun to complete this ship?

Thanks
    VDC
    Last edited by Val Da Car; 01-13-2004 at 08:20 PM.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I'm afraid you were scammed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sounds like a case for "The Peoples Court". Since this was from a co worker, couldn't you see about getting your money back? If that doesn't work, you might want to conveniently walk past his car with your keys out. I do not condone keying another's car, as this might only bring temporary satisfaction.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I had something similar happen to me when I bought my snowspeeder back in '96. It was one of the front guns that was missing rather then the tow cable. I'm still steamed about it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It might not hurt to contact Hasbro and see if they have the part. I've read other accounts of people getting incomplete products and them being only too happy to ship the missing pieces free of charge. Been a while since that ship came out, though.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Cool I might have a couple of extras!!!

Val Da Car, I might have some extra harpoon guns and missles from the customs I did on my POTF2 snowspeeders, but I need to check and make sure they are useable. I might have taken the tow cables from them. I will check tonight and get back to you.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Awesome

Thanks for the info...I look forward to hearing from you and let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

The reason I did start this post was to also see if this has happened to anyone else.

My next post is about a Y-Wing I picked up on the secondary market and it's gear can not hold the craft up.

I thought I remembered reading a way to fix it but I don't recall where.

Thanks again to all SSG'ers that have responded
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

The Y-wing gear doesn't hold the ship up well, it usually collapses fairly quickly, within a week at the outside. I've heard those claims that adjusting the gearing helps, but I've found them to not be the case at all, the whole problem is that the gears slip because they're the wrong materials, so adjusting the gearing helps only briefly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Question I have them....almost.

Val Da Car, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I do have the POTF2 snowspeeder harpoon gun and missile. The bad news is that I took the tow cable and connector off of the missile to finish one of my snowspeeder customs. However, if you want the gun and the missile, I will send them out to you free of charge. It would be my pleasure to at least get you halfway there. If you are interested "PM" me your addy and I will send it out to you!!
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."