Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UK Hotdog Magzine: Episodes 7, 8, & 9!!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but the UK Movie Magazine "Hotdog", has some possible news about Episodes 7, 8, and 9. Now they aren't the most reliable movie magazine in the world, but it is curious none the less. So I figured I'd pass it on, and we'll see how it turns out. The news comes the way of TheForce.Net.
    EP3: Mayew Also Signed for Sequel Trilogy?
    Wed, Jan 14, 04 05:10:30 PM EST

Rob tells us that the December 2003 issue of the British movie mag HOTDOG has just hit the stands here in the U.S. and found several cool Star Wars related things. In particular, on page 12, here's this possibly amazing passage:

"No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

In addition, there's a cool spoiler page (though nothing new for TheForce.net regulars) with a great caricature of Hayden as Anakin/Vader. The cover "story" is a list of the "50 Coolest Movie Characters Ever". #22 is Boba Fett, #13 is Indiana Jones, and #3 is Darth Vader! There's also a "Brief History of Time" according to the movies. It begins with "A Long Time Ago".

Please. Be. True. Of course, remember that the official word from Lucasfilm has been and is currently "no." We'll email them for a comment on the story and post any updates here.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I hope it is true, and it would be great if Lucas could assemble the original cast. I just hope that he either brings in a good screenwriter to assist with this trilogy, or at least thinks things out better than he has with the PT.

I remember Lucas saying that his intention for eps. 7,8 & 9 was to depict the rebuilding of the Republic. Given that the political intrigue and trade sanctions were not the strong points of the PT, I do worry a bit. I also hope it's not going to follow the pattern of all the EU novels (which will be completely thrown into the realm of alternate universe SW) that set the rebels against various groups of remnant Imperial zealots who came off like James Bond villains.

If Lucas has changed his mind and plans to do the final three, I wonder what made him change his mind? It can't be money. I thought he wanted to turn his back on SW and just do small experimental movies that no one would want to watch, but him?

I have to disagree. The political intrigue and trade sanctions is one of my favorite aspects of the PT. That's why 'The Phantom Menace' is my favorite of the five currently released films. So seeing the Republic in it's recovering days from the Civil War would be great. I doubt we'll see Carrie and Harrison, but the original plan for 7,8,9 from what Mark Hammil has said is that he'd take on the Obi-Wan Kenobiish role similar to Alec Guinesss in ANH. Rebuilding the Jedi ranks.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-15-2004 at 12:16 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Mayhew probably embellished that tale to get more business on the convention circuit.

No, that's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Please no more Star Wars movies after Episode III!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

About ten years ago I would have been happy as a kid in a candy store to hear news of Episodes 7, 8 & 9 being made, but after how unsatisfied I have become with the PT to this point, I would rather see this left with just episides 1 through 6, and that be the end of it.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Besides, I don't think all the movie magic in Hollywood could put Carrie Fisher into anything scantly clad again! The cast is too old now, and I for sure, would personally hunt down and kill Geroge Lucas, if he made a sequel trilogy without the original cast! Let's just say I'd rather see them walking around tied to Iv's and Respirators, before I could ever allow my Imagination have anybody else play those parts!

ROTJ closes the Star Wars narrative PERFECTLY! It ends the struggle that started in Episode I. The Star Wars story is now CLOSED, COMPLETE, FINISHED!!!! If George re-opens it it would seem forced, it wouldn't have much of a meaning, and would basically be a big pile of stinky poop !

Anyways - more rumours here http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16780

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Here's some updates on the horrifying rumor!

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#23028

Looks like Mayhew has denyed it! Hopefully it won't happen .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

I wonder how Spielberg is "connected" to episode 3??

Cameo appearance?

Anyhow, I'd file this under POS rumour if I were you. However, I do remember reading once that, if they did happen, Lucas had promised 7,8, and 9 to Spielberg, which could be fantastic.