Thread: New Saga Luke

Cool New Saga Luke

Just found a New Jabba's Palace Luke Jedi at Walmart. Only one of the newer figures expect for Imperial Dignitary #2 and some repacks. The Figure is pretty cool as far as Hasbro can make one, majr improvement from the original POTF Luke.
    Details:

The figure has great articulation at the hands, elbows, head, torso, waist, calfs, and knees, and of course shoulders. Articulation allows you to move the figure into somehat realistic poses but still to much pain the figure cannot hld the Lightsaber with both hands. In this case Hasbro should have used the articulation of the Saga Bespin Luke.

The cloak is OK, the same type as the vintage Kenner Luke, Hood hard to pull down but at least it's black unlike the tan/brown ones f the vintage and the sort of navy blue one of the POTF line.

The Lightsaber is a rehash of the POTJ Ben Kenobi with just a green blade and Luke detail on the Hilt. However unlike the press photos submitted by Hasbro, the blade is not the Saga version and attached. Minor setback. The Blaster is a major improvment over the previous Jabba blasters. Detail is pretty cool.

Head sculpt is better, much more Mark Hamill likeness, details on the Jedi garb include shiny black for boots, darker jumpsuit as well as a lighter back for the vest. Also no gay magnets!!!!!

Overall if you happen to see one, it is worth the five bucks.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Thanks for the info. Waiting for this wave to pop up in my area
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Question Has anyone else found this wave??

Is this the Luke that came with R1-G4 and Waiter R2??? If it is, has it been popping up in a lot of places??? Who else have seen this assortment??
    Gimme a break!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    ...Also no gay magnets!!!!!
    As opposed to the heterosexual kind of magnets? Watch your vernacular...

Anyhow... I'm looking forward to this figure inspite of all of the "drawbacks". I think it will be one of the better Luke figures considering it is a new headsculpt. I was really impressed with the Hoth Luke facial likeness. It appears this one has Mark Hamill ca. ROTJ nailed. I hope it comes out just as well on the production version.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfett
    Is this the Luke that came with R1-G4 and Waiter R2??? If it is, has it been popping up in a lot of places??? Who else have seen this assortment??
    It is the one that comes with R1. I found Luke and R2, but no R1.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    It is the one that comes with R1. I found Luke and R2, but no R1.
    Yep me, too. I actually found 3 of each, only bought 1 R1. Left the rest. So I guess they're starting to trickle out slowly but surely.
    Gimme a break!!!

I found the whole assortment at TRU a week or so ago. Picked them all up with a Hoth Luke.

R1 rocks. So does Luke. One of the best sculpts in my opinion.

Well I found R1 and R2 bartender, but not JEdi Luke and his other counterparts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten