Thread: Obi-Wan review

Hybrid View

Obi-Wan review

Gamepro.com has a review of the new Obi-Wan game for X-Box. All in all they say it is basically the same lackluster style game as previous console offerings, minus the Rogue Squadron series.

Terrible control, slowdown, and sub-par graphics, make it another missed oportunity. Frankly, I'd expect nothing less from an X-Box title.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

It's sad really. From what I heard Obi-Wan was going to be a good pc game. I think was originally going to have a feature where you could move the lightsaber in a heck of a lot of ways with your mouse. They dropped the pc game and then Micro-suck came to Lucasarts with a **** load of money and I think you can figure out the rest.

Originally, I heard that Obi-Wan would be "Jedi Knight 2" for PC, but the Lucasarts team developing it couldn't get it together and had a ton of Windows problems and scrapped it till, as you mentioned, Microsoft had it brought back from the brink.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Microsoft had it brought back from the brink.
    Where it should have stayed.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada

Where it should have stayed.
    Hee hee, it MUST be good with a review like that
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The force was with Kyle on that one. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"