Thread: Trek Expo 2004

Smile Trek Expo 2004

Howdy. I know this is a little early to talk about this as Trek Expo 2004 isn't until June (6 Months Away), but I thought as its a Sunday morning and I'm bored and this was on my mind that I would talk about it.

Sometime in June (can't remember the exact dates right now) in Tulsa, Oklahoma, The Tulsa Convention Center will host Trek Expo 2004. I volunteered at Decipher's Booth (Decipher used to have rights for 3 Star Wars Collictible Card Games) at Trek Expo 2001 and 2002. Admission is pretty cheap at this Con compared to Cons like WizardWorld, ComicCon, GenCon, etc. Yes because it is called Trek Expo, a large portion of the Con is devoted to Star Trek. However, there are a lot, I mean a LOT of other Scifi's featured at the Con, including Star Wars. There is AT LEAST one major SW star each year at the Con. When I went in 2001, Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) was there. In 2002 when I went, Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) was there. I THINK Kenny Baker was there in 2003.

Tons of people who attend Trek Expo yearly wear SW costumes. I was looking at pictures on the Expo's main website of Trek Expo 2003 and someone dressed up as a cool lookin Plo Koon. Tulsa's Chapter of the FanForce Fan Club has a booth there every year and the members always walk around the Expo dressed up as a SW character.

Booths set up all over the Con sell SW figures with variaties all going from Vintage all the way up to Saga. Some booths have wonderful prices, others not so wonderful.

If anyone is interested in attending Trek Expo 2004 in Tulsa, Oklahoma this Summer, please let me know and I'll post more information here in this thread as I get the information.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

It's not a Creation con, right? Too bad it's so far from me, I haven't been to a non-Creation Trek con in 2 decades.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Creation Con?
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Creation, they run all the official Trek conventions.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ahh ok then. I don't think so. it seems the local Fox and UPN stations are the sponsors for the Con as well as a Star Trek Hobby shop called Starbase 21.
    Chazz's Loose Collection