Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where are the Super Articulated Clonetroopers?

Are these done and gone? Do I need to head to the internet to find even one of these? Hasbro's lousy distribution combined with overzealous Army Building collectors seems to have made this figure another in the long chain of unavailable for many. Or will they show up again with some other case assortment? Or in some random bin at one random TRU for $2 bucks a piece?

On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery. Whoever gets to the retail store first, wins. Hardly fair, though I'm sure the rest of us will be able to put together a nice army of Yodas, Durges, and Dookus.

these are out in the uk. i know because i got mine yesterday from the r2dtoy online store. and lovely it is too!

On a similar note, if this SA Trooper scenario is any indication, the upcoming release of the Animated Clone Trooper is a recipe for disaster. With only 3 per box, this will be nothing but a luck lottery.
    What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box? Here's the info from Action-HQ:

Clone Wars Animated 2

852160000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ANAKIN x 2
    852170000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE OBI-WAN x 1
    852180000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE CLONE TROOPER x 1
    852190000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE ASAJJ VENTRESS x 2
    852200000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DOOKU x 2
    852210000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE DURGE BOUNTY HUNTER x 1
    852220000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE YODA x 2
    852230000 SW 3.75 ANIMATED FIGURE MACE x 1
    So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box! Now, maybe they plan to ship a different assortment later on, but from where I am sitting it dosen't look too promising. If Target sells the first wave well, they may still get stuck with wave 1 figures from the second shipment and that's bad news.because if the first wave starts warming pegs Target may not order more from wave 2!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box?
    Somebody else has conflicting information.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    What makes you think that these will ship 3 per box? Here's the info from Action-HQ:

So that's just one lone Clone Trooper per box! Now, maybe they plan to ship a different assortment later on, but from where I am sitting it dosen't look too promising. If Target sells the first wave well, they may still get stuck with wave 1 figures from the second shipment and that's bad news.because if the first wave starts warming pegs Target may not order more from wave 2!
    If you notice, the wave you are talking about Sith_killer_99 is the animated wave, not the super articulated wave. This thread was one the where the Super Articulated Clone troopers, not the animated. However, seeing just one animated clone trooper in a box is also very disturbing especially for those who like to build armies, or collectors who open one and leave one carded, like myself.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I correct myself, as I just read through and realized that the mention of the animated wave was brought up, and sith_killer_99 was replying to that, my apoligizes!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

They are probably next to the Kit's in Hasbro's warehouse. I'd bet the Skywalker Ranch on it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

In response to where they are: i got one at home in a box from KEBco awaiting my arrival during spring break. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the trooper (i'll name him jimbo for good measure) and myself doing fun stuff. It'll be like:
    "oh, here's a pic of Jimbo and Mike playing basketball"
    "Oh, here's another pic of them playing frisbee."

this spring break is gonna rule!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I've commented on this in numerous other threads. Zealous armybuilders like myself notwithstanding, you've got to know that these figures sell well. Not only does the average collector want one or two but then you DO have folks like myself who clamor to get as many as the want. Currently I have 4 and want 30-50 more. While I know my hopes of finding that many in retail stores is next to impossible, how hard is it to meet customer need. Sure you want to meet the need of the retailers who buy from you but realize they are in effect the middleman here and that we the consumer dictate what we want. You've certainly still got the molds for the Super Articulated Clonetrooper and at a retail cost of $5 we will continue to buy this figure in droves. Of late I've been forced to look on the net for this particular figure and I'm sick at what I see. Not only are they selling for close to twice the retail amount, but most sellers are tacking on a hefty shipping charge. THAT DOES NOT give you the excuse to raise your price either. It means that were you to produce more then the average consumer would be able to walk into a store and find the figure they want at a reasonable price (THAT'S the key word "reasonable"). Your retailers would then be the ones clamoring for more product and not only theirs but your sales figures (no pun intended) would go way up. And you would gave a larger PROFIT!

Please for once listen to what we are saying AND respond. Posting here in this forum to Hasbro is like running naked, through a cemetary, in the dark, at 2am in the morning. Catch my drift. We are posting here and the people in the right spots don't bother to take care of it.

Oh, BTW, I've never done that...really!
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 01-23-2004 at 02:15 PM.
    Move along, move along

I agree with everything said, although I was actually lucky enough to find one in the stores. But that was only because I managed to get to my Wal*Mart really early in the morning. It really shocked me to see it sitting there.

I, too, am wanting a ton more of these, but doubt I'll ever see another one. The figure is great, with very, very minor problems (lack of foot holes being one) and I hope Hasbro will correct this distribution problem and get more out to us (I'd also like Hasbro to fix the foot hole problem... maybe I should start a new thread about it, if they actually read these ).

End..
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59