TX 130 Republic Fighter Tank

How would you respond if you got an email like I did regarding the TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank that I built more than a year ago?

Read more about it...
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Wow, thats great. I would of acted the same way, skeptical. That is fantastic work. If you do decide to build more stuff for him, be careful, I know I would. Patent the designs my friend. Try not to get ripped off. If Lego hasnt done it yet, build them and sell them the patterns for mucho deniro.

And dont forget my 10% idea fee..............
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I would have been a little more diplomatic about my skepticism.

Lucasfilm already owns these designs, so there's no way AC is going to get 1 dime for doing Lego sets based on these (heck, just look how many SW vehicles were made in Lego before the official sets came out). Pretty interesting news he has about his design being considered by Lego & Hasbro though.

I'd tell him you were flattered and if he had other designs that you liked, you would certainly think about building them as well... but only if you actually WERE thinking about building them of course.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Post Wow!

Great e-mail!
    We all know about your fantastic dioramas, and now you get compliments even from an actual SW designer!
    This is a feat to be proud of! (as an old computer solitaire was saying when you were able to complete it )

I would not think immediately about making money from this. There are other things besides money. For example the satisfaction of seeing a creation recognized as a good work (obviously imho ).

If I were you I would maintain the contacts with the designer. He already freely donated you some original work (which seems very interesting, by the way), can you imagine how many first hand information he could pass you?

Keep up your good work!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Wow, thats great. I would of acted the same way, skeptical. That is fantastic work. If you do decide to build more stuff for him, be careful, I know I would. Patent the designs my friend. Try not to get ripped off. If Lego hasnt done it yet, build them and sell them the patterns for mucho deniro.

And dont forget my 10% idea fee..............
    Very much skeptical about it and that's why I responded as such. He certainly proved me wrong and as for Lego doing them I'm not too concerned about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I would have been a little more diplomatic about my skepticism.

Lucasfilm already owns these designs, so there's no way AC is going to get 1 dime for doing Lego sets based on these (heck, just look how many SW vehicles were made in Lego before the official sets came out). Pretty interesting news he has about his design being considered by Lego & Hasbro though.

I'd tell him you were flattered and if he had other designs that you liked, you would certainly think about building them as well... but only if you actually WERE thinking about building them of course.
    True JT, no way no how I could really make any money off them no matter how I try since Lucas Arts owns the designs. When Lego comes out with them, remember where you read about it first.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGoofy
    Great e-mail!
    We all know about your fantastic dioramas, and now you get compliments even from an actual SW designer!
    This is a feat to be proud of! (as an old computer solitaire was saying when you were able to complete it )

I would not think immediately about making money from this. There are other things besides money. For example the satisfaction of seeing a creation recognized as a good work (obviously imho ).

If I were you I would maintain the contacts with the designer. He already freely donated you some original work (which seems very interesting, by the way), can you imagine how many first hand information he could pass you?

Keep up your good work!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    My sons are even prouder about it and do you really think I'd be doing this to make money out of it? Not a chance, even though I kinda have tapered off from doing dioramas, it still makes me smile and feel gratified whenever I get emails from viewers that are seeing my works for the first time. Of course I'm still keeping in touch with him and I only wish I could share the stuff he sent me. But I always keep my word.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster