Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If Lucas would lower those sky-high liscencing fees, more small retailers could actually afford to sell these products!

When I'm about to open a new post for "Toy Fair" coverage, I feel like a high-roller at a craps table in Vegas. When the post opens, like throwing the dice, I immediately look for for the all important (12"). When it does not appear, like I've crapped out, a sigh might follow, , but I look forward to the next "throw of the dice" or Toy Fair coverage post.

zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ ** what. . . toyfair coverage? 12" news? nope, not today. . . zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

. Maybe the deep slumber will be broken with news of Rebo, or some other exotic creature from the cantina far, far away!

A teaser or 2 of the Max Rebo band would spark some interest back in the 12" line. Hasbro needs to do something soon or collectors are going to right this line off completely and move on to other interests.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Well, it seems as though Hasbro may release a Kenner version of three classic 12" figs. Possibly a Luke, Boba and someone else. I dont know what to think just yet but will be interested to see what they look like. I would rather their efforts be routed toward modern type figures though! This info comes from Rebelscum coverage of the Toy Fair.

It will probably be Vader if it is true. I couldnt see not having him in a 12" line from the classic movies. They better make more than 3 characters.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I found the 12" Scale Yoda today at Meir's. It pretty nice in my estimation but wow $20 bucks for such a pint sized guy. They also had OT Ben and Luke Jedi but I passed on them. I guess I just missed getting the Ewoks and Jawas (Better luck next time).
    Last edited by slick169; 02-02-2004 at 10:30 AM.

I don't know if its Hasbro's doing or the stores but the increase in the 12" figures is also killing this line. Rather than being able to pick up all 3 figures in a wave for $60, it'll cost you $75. That increase adds up quickly over a few waves so I stopped getting all the figures and only bought those that I really liked or had some small interest in. Now I only buy those that I have a real strong interest in which is nothing more than 1 figure per wave.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I haven't seen any of the 12" at Wal-Mart yet but TRU, Target and Meijers are still charging $19.99 so I'm hoping the prices stay firm. If Wally World does finally stock and charges $25.00 I can live without them as I've done so far. When I see a store that doesn't stock items I'm looking for I usually take my purchases for everyday items elsewhere also. If everyone starts charging $25.00 I guess I can live without the 12" line. Its bad enough being a 12" collector knowing your purchases have depreciated 50 to 60 % imediately after your purchase. If the shipping wasn't so high you can find better prices for most of the 12" on eBay.