Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Hasbro...this forum needs life!

Its time for a new release so this forum can breathe some new life. No posts for a few days and nothing new to report on. There needs to be a really grand slam release, if for nothing else than to re-energize this place!

wouldn't it be awesome if hasbro pre-viewed a new line of 12 inch figures at toy fair next month? a line which catered to the collectors, which of course would cost more, maybe even twice what we pay now, but a line that would blow us away in terms of quality and coolness?

i was really hoping hasbro would of used the release of episode 2 to step things up a bit, but it didn't happen.

With the new movie releasing next year, and Lord of the Rings mania dying down, Lucas has to start another major marketing blitz later this year. We could really see some sweet items coming through the pipeline. Perhaps some more ultimate figures with Dragon or Marmit style bodies would be really nice or maybe rounding out the beast series with a Bantha or Jabba, or even getting that darn Rebo band out!!! Due to the release next year, I really think Toy Fair will hold some pleasant surprises!

I hope so too. I dont want to see high prices and such, but good detailing like the Dooku was. I had just started getting into the 12" line when it came crashing down. I have seen some here and there but the price has gone up on them, and has me holding off on buying them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Since Toys R Us is exclusively toys I dont think they will raise their 12" prices. Since only a small section of Wal Mart is toys, they will capitalize on these products as long as demand is greater than supply. Just my thoughts but I dont see Wal Mart ever lowering unless they are on clearance. I found a scout and ewoks there two weekends ago, and both Lukes from the case were still there yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Wampa
    Since only a small section of Wal Mart is toys, they will capitalize on these products as long as demand is greater than supply. Just my thoughts but I dont see Wal Mart ever lowering unless they are on clearance.
    What happened to Wal-Marts "Lowest Prices Always" slogan? If Wal-Mart sells the 12" line for $25, I'd hardly call that the lowest price. I'd call it "stick it to the Star Wars toy collectors". At this point, the only figure I would buy from Wal-Mart for $25 would be the Scout trooper. I'd take my chances at finding the rest of the line elsewhere. I really don't think two plastic Ewoks would make me want to pay those prices, even $20 is to high IMO.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    What happened to Wal-Marts "Lowest Prices Always" slogan?
    The courts made them axe that a long time ago. They ruled it wasn't accurate advertising. Their slogan since has been simply, "Wal*mart: Always".
    Last edited by Ook; 01-26-2004 at 07:46 PM.

Okay, so far we've heard the following 12" figures are supposed to be coming:

Max Rebo with Organ (Wal-Mart exclusive)
    Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool (Wal-Mart exclusive)
    ARC Trooper (KBToys exclusive)

Any others been announced or leaked by reliable sources? Oh yeah, I guess there's supposed to be three vintage 12" remakes too. Any other figures we can add to list?

Quote Originally Posted by Wampa
    Its time for a new release so this forum can breathe some new life. No posts for a few days and nothing new to report on. There needs to be a really grand slam release, if for nothing else than to re-energize this place!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Christopher
    Okay, so far we've heard the following 12" figures are supposed to be coming:

Max Rebo with Organ (Wal-Mart exclusive)
    Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool (Wal-Mart exclusive)
    ARC Trooper (KBToys exclusive)

Any others been announced or leaked by reliable sources? Oh yeah, I guess there's supposed to be three vintage 12" remakes too. Any other figures we can add to list?
    I kind of doubt that the ARC will come from KB. They are closing 375 stores and it doesn't look good for them. WM seem so afraid to stock SW items, I doubt those too. Which leaves us with the 3 rehashes.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Meijer got in a 6 pack the other day with 2 each of Garindan, Jawa's and Old Ben but I was too late. Someone had just bought 5 of them leaving only 1 Ben. He was pretty nice but I've allready got 2 other versions of him. I guess I'll have to wait until some scalper is stuck with them and try to buy low on eBay.