Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

James Cameron Finally Returns!!!

Wow, this took long enough. After so many years of him doing nothing but pursuing his fascination with the sea and underwater photography with documentaries. Eccentric Director James Cameron is finally going to return to what made him famous. The realm of Sci-Fi. With such great pictures like Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, and Terminator 2 under his belt, I can't wait to see what he has planned.
    Cameron Finally Left The Water
    After a six-year hiatus during which he directed just two documentary films about the underwater inspections of the sunken ships The Titanic and The Bismarck, James Cameron has indicated that he will return to theatrical features with a science-fiction film to be produced later this year for 20th Century Fox. As reported by Daily Variety, Cameron made the announcement at a gathering of sci-fi buffs in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The trade publication indicated that Cameron provided little additional information about the project, which would be his first since his 1997 blockbuster Titanic grossed $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office. Cameron told his audience that he planned to shoot the film with high-definition 3-D video cameras and that it would include "a pile of special effects."
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

And may he give Bill Paxton a role in it.

I've like his earlier works, but from True Lies on, that's where I started not taking an interest in his work. But he has done some good sci-fi in the past, so I'll wait and see what comes of this.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Hmmmm. To me it sounds a little Star Warsy, possibly one of these Star Wars sequels we've been hearing about !!!!!

I can't wait for another Cameron sci-fi flick . Since his Terminator franchise (IMO) has been destroyed by Terminator 3, let's hope he can come up with a new amazing franchise as a replacement .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    So it's not "game over man" yet, huh? I thought he stopped because he went out on top and didn't want to try and top himself.

What ever he's doing I'm sure it'll make money. About everthing he touches turns to gold, unless it would be a high-$, special effects remake of From Justin to Kelly.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I can't wait for another Cameron sci-fi flick . Since his Terminator franchise (IMO) has been destroyed by Terminator 3, let's hope he can come up with a new amazing franchise as a replacement .

PENDO!
    I'm amazed that more people don't feel this way. I can't believe fans of the first 2 films excepted this rehash of T2 as a quality sequel. You could literally watch the last 5 min.'s of this movie and know everything you need until T4 comes out. Cameron was smart to pass IMO.

As far as his new project is concerned I wouldn't get to excited yet since we all know how long it takes him to complete a film. I'm betting we won't see it until at least 2006.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I'm amazed that more people don't feel this way. I can't believe fans of the first 2 films excepted this rehash of T2 as a quality sequel. You could literally watch the last 5 min.'s of this movie and know everything you need until T4 comes out. Cameron was smart to pass IMO.

I don't believe he "passed" as such. His own idea was nixed so he left the property to go do other stuff. (As I've heard it, his idea was really really good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    What was his idea ?

It's been awhile since I heard it, so someone else may have a more accurate and complete recollection, but it had more to do with the time travel aspects of the story. The story would be flopping back and forth from the horrible future to the "present" and we would see how each "change" in the past would effect the "future" and visa versa. With that set up, we'd see how Skynet reacts to it's plans being foiled, etc. If nothing else, it gets us away from the predictable rehash of the "chase" plot that T3 dumped on screen. Plus it would have given us more of the machine-war which, I suspect, is something we'd all like to see.

But like Alien 3 before it, T3 managed to ignore and destroy the point of what Cameron painstakingly set up (in terms of plot) so unless T3 is discredited as being one big "dream sequence," then any T4 effort will be equally pointless no matter what it is.

Bill rules, and he's just as good off-screen as he ever was on-screen, can you say Frailty!

Personally, I liked the way T3 ended, but then I guess I am a bit of a fatalist. It kinda reminded me of the "The Time Machine" where the good doctor goes back and saves his love, only to have her die another way, and he says "I could save her a thousand times, and she would die each time." It really shows the paradox of the whole scenario.

The story would be flopping back and forth from the horrible future to the "present" and we would see how each "change" in the past would effect the "future" and visa versa.
    I like this idea, time travel back and forth sequence. Sounds kinda like "The Butterfly Effect". I bet the execs are kicking themselves for passing on JC's idea now! I suspect The Butterfly Effect will be big. Even if it does have Kelso in it. LOL
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I suspect The Butterfly Effect will be big. Even if it does have Kelso in it. LOL
    I just heard a scathing review of it. Apparently, Kutcher (sp?) is horrible and the story is nearly incomprehensible. Like Back to the Future, it takes careful preparation to make something like this work.