View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Lucasfilm theme park?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that would be awesome!

79 71.82%
  • Yes but just a Star Wars theme park.

24 21.82%
  • No, I don't like or go to theme parks.

7 6.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you like to see a Star Wars or Lucasfilm Theme Park?

This question was posed recently on the "official" site and we'd like to know your response here.

Here are some ideas I personally though of for rides/attractions/sideshows etc. What do you think and can you come up with more and different rides.

(Some are kiddie rides)

1) X-wing/Tie Fighter Chase: This is a kiddie ride with alternating fighters going around in a circle.
    2) Death Star rollar Coaster: This would be one halacious roller coaster completely enclosed, twirling and corkscrewing like the X-wings did. At the end some kind of effect for the DS being destroyed. Even if that's simply the sound of an explosion.
    3) Garbage Chute: Water ride (One large drop off into water to spray you.)
    4) Bumper Speeders: Bumper cars that look like speeders (Luke's, Gian, Lar's family etc)
    5) Whack a Wompa: Sideshow game like Whack a mole.
    6) Battle for Hoth Roller coaster: the cars are individual shape to look like snowspeeders and the track curves around and through the legs of a MASSIVE AT-AT!
    7) Exhaust Port: This is one of those rides that is simply the large tower that you ride up and it "drops" you.
    8) Video game center that has all of the current AND old SW arcade games. Very nostalgic for some of us!
    9) Creature Carosel: carosel with creatures from the movies ie Tauntaun, Eopie, Kaduu, etc
    10) Cloud City Restaurant: This would be the Posh restaurant of the park.
    11) Plenty of picture taking spots like next to a life sife-Han in Carbonite, Wampa, Vader, Boba Fett, Millenium Falcon! etc...
    12) Bathroom look like the Death Star inside (Very clean and Sterile look as it should be)
    13) Ewok Village: A rope climb and walk (can be just for kids or not)
    14) Star Wars Galaxy: Like a Pirates of the Caribbean from Disneyland, it would take you through planets of the SW galaxyand as a special surprise have a Life size Rancor (animatronic) to scare you!
    15) Podrace rollercoaster: Coaster look like podracers. Two tracks like the that race against each other! There's one here in Pittsburgh that it's actually ONE track that runs two coasters and by the end of the ride you end up on the other side. (Hard to explain but it's VERY cool!)
    16) Millenium Falcon interactive ride: A small crowd of people climb into the Falcon (one large platform that they all sit on in seats) and it goes through a series of events jostling the people around as if flying. Imagine Scenes of the Death Star or Escaping from the Giant Space Slug! And the Asteroids!
    17) Bongo (Gungan sub) ride: Water ride like the log jammer. (Most theme parks have a ride like this)
    18) Coruscant Coaster: Imagine racing through the Caverns of Buildings on a Roller Coaster! Very fun at night!
    19) Cantina: Obviously a restaurant.
    20) Costume shop: Self explanatory.
    21) Gift Shop with not just toys, but all sorts of SW paraphranelia (sp?)
    22) Water Racing games: Sideshow game where the horses are instead the creatures that were being raced on the background screens in the Coruscant Nightclub.
    23) Use the Force Ring Toss:Sideshow game of ring toss.
    24) Jedi Temple: Can be something as simple as an observatory tower or better yet like the alpine ski lift that would take you from one section of the park to another and the major poles holding up the lift were shaped like the Jedi Temple Towers.
    25) Emperor's Shaft...no not what your thinking... : This is another Pitfall ride, so that you get the same feeling as the Emperor would have! With a large Vader Head at the top so you know who "pushed" you off!
    26) Podrace Chaser: Just like the first ride only shaped like Podracers (for Kids)

Okay there are obviously more that I forgot or didn't think of so would you all like to see something on this order. Would you go to the park? More than likely if Lucas did this it would be in California not too far from the Ranch.

beyond just being a Star Wars theme park it could be a Lucasfilm Theme Park and Include rides based on his other hits, ie Indiana Jones, THX-1138, American Graffitti, etc
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 01-23-2004 at 03:52 PM.
    Move along, move along

I wanted to say "no", because I rally don't ride a whole lot of rides, not to mention the cost per ride these days. But then I remember how excited I was when I went to the Star Tours ride in Disney and the thrill of just seeing all the droids, and sets. However I fear that it might lose interest down the road by the general public. I think it's fine with the Star Wars weekends they put on at Disney in Florida.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Yes, but it would have to be a "Lucasfilm" park in order to have enough variety. Still, the appeal for a wide audience is limited so this kind of thing might work best if done in proximity and conjunction with a Lucasfilm museum.

DAmn straight I would. I think it would be awesome. An entire park based solely on SW would rock.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    More than likely if Lucas did this it would be in California not too far from the Ranch.
    Mmmm, I dunno... property is just a little pricey in Marin county (and the entire bay area) these days. Not to mention, "the ranch" is a bit too remote, too far from SF. I suppose If LFL was willing to pay up some big money for land that's near BART (rapid transit) then it could be done. (Maybe up around Richmond?)

I'd love to see it. I voted Star Wars only, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of it involving all sorts of things. LFL could open up their own park/studio just like Universal Studios here in LA. Could have rides, theaters (nice digital ones) and some big studio space for film production. Imagine that, filming movies in California again... what a neat idea!
    plasticfetish.net

I say YES! I would love to see a Star Wars and/or Lucasfilm Theme Park. I remember years ago we had a ride called "Raiders of the Lost Ark" at Water World in Colorado.

Just think of the arcade section alone for one of these parks! I say they should make it free for entry into the park, with ticketed rides plus they could offer all-day and all-weekend passes with unlimited rides.

I guess California would be the logical place for it. But does it really have to be in CA? It could just as easily be set up in Indiana. LOL

It should be somewhere they could stay open all year long with warm weather. Just not Hawaii, too far for the common folk to travel, plus, I don't think my wife wants to go back...ever.
    Last edited by sith_killer_99; 01-24-2004 at 11:31 AM.
    May the force be with you.

A theme park would be cool, but i wonder how many of the average Joes would want to go again and again. A Jabbas palace restaurant would be neat too. I remember seeing the Indiana Jones show and the Star Tours ride at the Florida Disney location and those were the highlights of that visit for me. I like the idea, i just dont think enough people would support it for a long time such as the Disney parks.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Mmmm, I dunno... property is just a little pricey in Marin county (and the entire bay area) these days. Not to mention, "the ranch" is a bit too remote, too far from SF. I suppose If LFL was willing to pay up some big money for land that's near BART (rapid transit) then it could be done. (Maybe up around Richmond?)

I'd love to see it. I voted Star Wars only, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of it involving all sorts of things. LFL could open up their own park/studio just like Universal Studios here in LA. Could have rides, theaters (nice digital ones) and some big studio space for film production. Imagine that, filming movies in California again... what a neat idea!
    I was thinking about the Presidio idea. If Lucasfilm ever decided to do a permanent museum (instead of the travelling ones), it might also benefit from having some "virtual" rides or something. I think the novelty of having the traditional "spin til you puke" rides that are just dressed up as Star Wars ships would wear thin fairly quickly. Something more along the lines of a flight simulator or a large scale game room would be more in line with the rest of the museum displays. Not that it wouldn't be cool to have some rides like Disneyland's Indiana Jones attraction, but Disney already has that. Star Wars doesn't really offer much in terms of "adventure" on the same lines, so beyond the opportunity to be dropped into a garbage disposal and having to get out before becoming "a lot thinner," I'm not sold on what else they could do.

beyond the opportunity to be dropped into a garbage disposal and having to get out before becoming "a lot thinner,"
    WOW, getting dropped down the garbage disposal....that would be cool!

LOL

But seriously, there are a lot of things they could do with the Theme Park idea, and let's remember Lucasfilm own ILM, they could crank out some awesome stuff, full interactive, not just the typical ride-til-ya-puke rides.
    May the force be with you.

ILM being a digital fx outfit notwithstanding...

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    they could crank out some awesome stuff, full interactive, not just the typical ride-til-ya-puke rides.

...such as?