Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cantina Bar Wave 2

I recall reading recently that Hasbro cancelled the Cantina Bar Wave 2 in Australia. Does anyone know if that's also the case in the U.S.? I'm a completist who's been working on my collection since the new 3-3/4" figures were released in 1995, so I'm hopeful these might still show up domestically. If anyone has any info, please send it to: abaker2@maine.rr.com

Thanks,

Sean Baker
    S. Portland, ME

No word yet on if anyone in the U.S. will get these. We all pray that some online retailer will get them and sell them like crazy just so we can establish how worthless and lame Walmart's buyers are.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

You know, back when Wal-Mart was going to stop selling some merchandise and we hit them with thoseletters and all, they kinda did a turn around as now 12" figs are showing up. Maybe, just maybe, if we do that with the Cantina sets, they might change their minds again?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

These sets, however cool they may have been, will almost never see the light of day unless someone like the Star Wars Fan Club picks these up. However what would really be cool is if perhaps Hasbor produced these for the upcoming Celebration III. If they produced the Jorg Sacul figure for Celebration II, this time they can have a booth were people can buy exclusive product such as this as well as more of the 25th Anniversary Silver Edition figures.
    Not that the convention stuff wasn't cool in the past but this year instead of overpriced cardboard cutouts of the characters and the usual shirts, pens, and other stuff, make this one the ultimate Hasbro related merchandise central of stores.
    Also another way for Hasbro to produce those figures that are both rumored as well as the figures that were voted down during the Fan Choice.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

However what would really be cool is if perhaps Hasbor produced these for the upcoming Celebration III.
    Hasbro has already produced these. They just haven't found anyone to distribute them. They may have locked themselves into a legal snafu with Wal-Mart or they may not have found anyone to carry them yet. But these will see the light of day...eventually. It's just good business sense. The same thing happened with the Masters of the Darkside 2 packs. Hasbro pulled the plug on the 2 packs and we saw the figures re-released as individual figures (twice ).

We will see these eventually, maybe not as "Cantina Sets", but the figures exist so it stands to reason that we will see 'em eventually.
    May the force be with you.

Toy Palace in Germany has them for preorder, but I think they are asking over $100 for the set. I have ordered product from them in the past. They say they are supposaed to be released this year, but in limited quantitys.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'd like to see the SW Fan Club get on the ball about offering exclusives. One of the best things about the fan club under old management was that we got a new exclusive every year, and they were all great offerings. When was the alst time they offered an exclusive 3 3/4" figure?

The Cantina Bar sets would be a perfect way for them to get their feet back in the water since the figures are already made, and would not cost the Fan Club anything to get them produced, and Hasbro could get rid of the ones they've made and justify the expense of the new molds (for Kitak Keed'kak and Wuher's new arm sans glass) while offering them directly to the core audience who are demanding these things.

For future releases, it would be a great way for us to get the obscure figures we want that don't really justify being packed with the waves for TRU and such that will just end up being peg warmers later, impacting on getting more obscure characters made in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I'd like to see the SW Fan Club get on the ball about offering exclusives. One of the best things about the fan club under old management was that we got a new exclusive every year, and they were all great offerings. When was the alst time they offered an exclusive 3 3/4" figure?

The Cantina Bar sets would be a perfect way for them to get their feet back in the water since the figures are already made, and would not cost the Fan Club anything to get them produced, and Hasbro could get rid of the ones they've made and justify the expense of the new molds (for Kitak Keed'kak and Wuher's new arm sans glass) while offering them directly to the core audience who are demanding these things.

For future releases, it would be a great way for us to get the obscure figures we want that don't really justify being packed with the waves for TRU and such that will just end up being peg warmers later, impacting on getting more obscure characters made in the future.
    As I've posted many times before -- email the fan club directly telling them you want them to pick up this set as a fan club exclusive. The more mail they get on this, the greater the chance that they will get them. Let them hear your voice directly!
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I hope they come out with these figures some how, have to complete my cantina!

-Matt
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    As I've posted many times before -- email the fan club directly telling them you want them to pick up this set as a fan club exclusive. The more mail they get on this, the greater the chance that they will get them. Let them hear your voice directly!
    I've already posted: Lisa Stevens (fan club president) already stated they will not be picking these up.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**