Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally found Anakin w/ Swoop Bike!

Yes, after a year of looking for this one, it finally magically appeared tonight at a TRU all by its lonesome. The set is probably not worth the $14.99 TRU charged me, but oh well. The figure has a very silly look on his face, like he just sat in a pie or something - I had known this for a while but there's nothing like owning a figure that looks like this. What is with Hasbro's wonky eyes and eyebrows, especially on deluxe figures? Also, the lightsaber slashing gimmick is ridiculous and silly for a figure who can't even stand up normally, and hampers the way the figure holds the controls of the bike - how is that for Hasbro dippiness?

Anyway, the bike looks awesome, the positionable stand plate doesn't look too shabby either, and the seatbelt (oh brother ) is easily stashed within the bike itself by rotating it around on the right side's peg and then shoving it into the open cavity of the bike. The figure of course doesn't look right without his robe though, so I gave him the robe/vest from Ani Secret Ceremony and it doesn't look too shabby at all even though it flows way off to the right. So now I have this set sitting on top of my TV directly under my Saga shelf looking at the left side of the bike (because the figure itself and the robe both look better from this angle), and the location has the added benefit of casting a shadow over the top half of the figure which is not only nicely ominous, but also thankfully downplays the goofy face while still showing the bike and my robe idea!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, congrats on your find. I've been wondering if Hasbro is EVER going to get a Anakin face sculpt right. Of all the figures I've seen, the Tatooine Attack is the only one that comes close to Hayden Christiansen's likeness and really shows off his anger realyl well (his anger towards the Tuskens). Every other Anakin has a goofy lookin face sculpt (I havent seen Secret Ceremony though).
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Congrats JT, rub it in my FACE ...........I still havent found any swoop/speeder deluxes
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It figures about Tatooine Ani, I never really gave it a close look though because it's so gimmicky. I couldn't agree more though about E2 Ani's headsculpts, they're just dead wrong. Heck, the only one that had the right HAIR was the CW version, and let's just say its face didn't live up to the hair. Secret Ceremony's face isn't goofy, but it's also not Hayden either.

Sorry kidhuman, I suggest you track this puppy down even if it's through an etailer though (but don't pay too much, it was overpriced at $15 ). But at least now you know that SC Ani's robe looks good on this figure once you find it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Congrats on your find. It is always fun to post about a figure you have looked for for a while.

-Matt
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Wow ... there are really people who still haven't found these? My TRU had a slew of them just before Xmas. There were even a few left just last week. Maybe I'll get over there sometime on Wednesday & see if any are left. Got mine from them awhile back now. Yeah, Ani looks dopey, but the Swoop looks pretty swift. TRU also had some of the Count Dooku w/ Geonosian Speeders left, too. Guess I'll try to grab whatever's left. If I'm successful, I'll post in the "Buying/Selling" section of the SSG Classifieds.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

I agree about Anakin's (Owen's) bike being cool, but the Dooku-bike piece came out amazing. I really like that one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I agree about Anakin's (Owen's) bike being cool, but the Dooku-bike piece came out amazing. I really like that one.
    Rats, that's the one I still haven't found yet.

Anybody have an alternative cloak for Ani to wear besides the hard plastic Ani SC one I mentioned earlier? I was thinking about modifiying the Sith cloak from the Ep 1 accessory pack, but I can't find any of my extras of that set right now.

One could always modify a soft-goods Jedi Cloak that came with the Ep 1 and Ep 2 Accessories Packs by just snipping off the sleeves with a pair of scissors.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Ani's cloak is signficantly different from a regular Jedi robe IIRC; and his actually does have sleeves, Hasbro is just cheaping out by making it without 'em. I suppose it's the right color though, and close enough, but I wanted something a little thinner, the ones in that Acc set are pretty much just thick felt.