Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Who buys from Brian's Toys?

After looking on the front page, I clicked on the "News from Brian's Toy's" link and found, not only that they had the Target exclusives in stock, but that they were charging $20 bucks a pop for them.

I suppose that those without access to a Target might find Brian's Toys as a convenient and/or last ditch supplier for their hobby. But I did get to wondering who buys from them really. What prompts you to pay more than twice the retail price for some items?

Chime in here and give your reasons!

A loooong time ago, I bought a vintage ROTJ Vader from them for like $30 or something. Last year I bought a few loose 12" Qui Gon's for like $7 or something (can't remember exactly) just to use the cloaks for other jedi.... I've sold them a black vest Tatooine Maul once too.

Other than that, their prices are generally way to high for my blood.... They always have everything, but that's only because they charge so much for it....

Honestly though, as a consumer I would have to say that Brians Toys sucks...

Now and then I will buy loose figures from them, or every once in a while find a nice deal on their website. But, as far as their prices...oh no way! However, I have to say that every time I have done business with them, they have always been very professional, fair, and customer friendly. I have never had a bad experience with them. I just don't buy new stuff from them.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

There prices are way too high for me. The only e-tailer I would buy from is Kebco, if I ever decide to join there one of every figure club.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I once bought a Kelloggs Han Solo Stormtrooper for a whopping $30. Later on, I learned they began to sell it at half the price. After that, I never considered shopping at Brians Toys.
    Last edited by Hasbro'sBountyHunter; 01-27-2004 at 09:24 PM.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

for any NEW items you're much better off shopping elsewhere. Brian's does have good specials periodically, but you have to frequent their website. for older figures they offer great deals. i've ordered from them before when the price was right. i've had far better luck with shipments and customer service from Brian's than from any other e-tailer. BTW the only NEW items i've gotten on-line were the a-wing (never saw one at target, got from target) and the shuttle (from EE).

I have done business with them twice i bout some of their bound packs, ie the whole flashback line and picked up a grab brag of POTF2 at a okay price. I will not buy anything new form them but i will pick up older items form them.

About three years ago, at my wife's old job they wanted to buy the reissue of the Millennium Falcon for their computer tech guy as a going away present. Since it was long out of the stores, I suggested getting it from Brian's toys. The price was about $60.00 which was close to the original price. It arrived quickly and in fantastic shape.

I've bought loose figures for my kids from them, and some carded and boxed stuff for myself that i'd missed in stores that all came quickly, in good condition and reasonably priced.

So, the service is great, if you wait about 6 months or longer on new figures, then for the most part you can get them for about the same price they were when they hit stores. I think the high prices on the new figures is aimed at the same people who bid on ebay for waves that won't be in stores for another month or so. It probably allows for them to reduce the prices to a reasonable amount later on, and still stay in business.

My father, who is an antiques dealer, also did quite a bit of buying and selling from them, covering the entire vintage line moc or mib, and never had a problem, or complaint.

I have to say though, that it made my cringe to see the entire vintage line looking like they came right out of the case 25 years ago, including all the rarities, sitting out at my father's place, and knowing they were simply a monetary investment, and not going to end up being mine. To be fair though, he did score me some really nice pieces which didn't cost me anything.

Anyway, Brian'stoys great service and quality products even if initailly priced high.

How do y'all feel about them reselling store exclusives?

It dont bother me that they sell exclusives since half of the exclusives I dont buy. The other half I get from the stores.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten