Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yoda is Kidnapped

Found this artcle on my ISPs Homepage

Someone steals statue of Yoda

The theft from a flatbed truck was reported to police last weekend and artist Lawrence Noble, 55, of Crestline has offered a $1,000 reward for its return. The limited-edition bronze is worth up to $20,000.

``It's a real high-end collectible,'' Noble said.

The statue was one of four bolted to a flatbed truck parked overnight Jan. 17 at the Westway Inn on Colorado Boulevard. The driver parked the truck in the parking lot so they could keep an eye on the statues, police spokeswoman Janet Pope said.

But someone grabbed Yoda that night or early the next morning.

``We are treating this as a burglary and we'd appreciate any information the public might have,'' Pope said.

The statues were being transported from Artworks Foundry in Berkeley to DKE Enterprises in Los Angeles to be sold, Noble said. Lucasfilm Ltd. commissioned the statues, a part of a planned series featuring other ``Star Wars'' characters
    Okay,Which one of you stole it?The person who did probably is hoping to sell it on eBay or something.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I know nothing......NOTHING!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

must be the work of the dark side!

funny, this is not!

Maybe he wasn't stolen. We all know that when Yoda dies he vanishes into thin air! This wasn't theft...it was MURDER!

Good one, stilla

the item would be so readily identifiable, you'd think whoever stole it meant to keep it a secret.... my guess is he's in some metal shop right now getting re-fitted for some kind of frat-house-fixture type role... I know what I'd do with such a thing
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Well then, you just confessed Mabs.

I dunno, if there were 4 yoda statues looking at me, I think I would have ot liberate a Jedi Master as well. Strong the force would be then.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Should'nt the title of this thread be "Yodanapped?" hahahaha
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I'm not sure you guys appreciate the seriousness of this situation!

This is obviously a Separatist attack! In the last edition of Shadowfeed (Star Wars Insider #76) Asaaj Ventress put out a $350 million credit bounty on Yoda's head! I have a copy of her offer in print! It's obvious who took away Master Yoda.

Now I don't think the Pasadena Police Department is well enough equipped to take on Count Dooku and the Dark Lord of the Sith! Do you?

I don't think Yoda will end up in some fraternity house. I think he's being held prisoner on a heavily armoed Trade Federation battle cruiser after they got him out through Mexico.

I think the police should be waiting for ransom demands - possibly an offer for a prisoner exchange to negotiate for the release of San Hill.

This is a crisis. The California State Legislature must vote to give Governor Arnold emergency powers!

Oh no! But the Governor is a Terminator. With a restraining bolt, Nute Gunray could be easily controlling him! The police could be persuaded to bungle the investigation - Schwarzeneggar has already released a statement saying he did not grab Master Yoda.

But once the Governor has emergency powers, he could use his new authority to create a clone army! 200,000 people will be wearing blue vests, with a million more on the way.

Oh, times are so confused!

Why didn't they cover it up? Duh.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

OK Tycho....seriously man, put down the doobie and just go to bed!

You know what?! That's what we need on these forums, a stoner smilie!!! I guess the classic will have to work for now!