Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Tours Wave 4

GH has prototypes of possible Series 4 figures, too cool!!!

I attached a photo I took at Disney world a few weeks ago. It's of one of the two droid prototypes shown. The droid moves around on a sort of train track, to the left of the que in the first room after you leave the room with C3-P0

I looked through my pics for an image of the other droid but to no avail. I'm sure Kris could help us out when he get's to reading this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StarToursDroid.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	7422  
    Last edited by Banthaholic; 01-30-2004 at 09:54 PM.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I feel a little bad about saying this, but I was hoping this line had died out after wave 3. Getting these things from Canada is tough enough, and paying for them ain't exactly a piece of cake either.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Shoot, I live in SoCal and it's still a pain to get them.... I still need series 3 (or at least R5 anyways...).

That...thing looks like a robotic cockaroach. Id still buy him though, he would look real nice inside a Sandcrawler. I still need to get the third wave though. Hopefully these wont come out for another 6 to 8 months.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I feel a little bad about saying this, but I was hoping this line had died out after wave 3. Getting these things from Canada is tough enough, and paying for them ain't exactly a piece of cake either.
    Yay, I am not the only one who doesn't want anymore Star Tours figures. I started a dear hasbro thread a while back stating to them I could do without these, and the nine I already have are enough. Surprisingly, I was met with much opposition, and there are apparently a lot of people who like these boring figures. I only like the astromechs in this wave so I guess I could handle another wave if it was just those.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

I would have an easier time with another wave if they'd choose one main online retailer to carry them as well (like amazon/tru.com). The only reason I have any of these is because my aunt was nice enough to buy a few for me when she was on holiday last year. I'd like to finish off my set, but they're REALLY low on my prioritized list of needed figures.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

As Cartman would say, "these are big fat pieces on crap"
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't know, I just see this whole line as an added bonus.

I could see complaints if they made these particular figures, and released them in stores under the current Star Wars banner, because then they would be taking away for the opportunities for other figures to be made, and possibly warm pegs preventing other figure from making it to the pegs. These do neither.

Since they are only available at Disney, it's an added bonus, and souvenier (sp) for people that go to Disney, like Star Wars and want to bring home a peice of the Magic. I'm sure there are many that could care less about figures for 1/2 of the droids, but then again other of us Disney/SW fans that do.

There have been many complaints about people that can't make it to Disney, so they can't collect the line. In all honesty, there are other ways to get them, ebay for example. I did a search, and yo can buy wave 1, or 2 for $34.99 buy it now. I'm sure after shipping it'd be $40, which would be $10 over retail, which is alot cheaper than paying $50 for a park ticket, or the hassel of finding a parking spot at Downtown Disney to buy them at Once Upon A toy. Currently, I don't have a TRU in my town, the nearest being an hour away. Every time I look for a TRU exclusive it costs me over $10 in gas, time, and there's always the possibility the item won't be there. So I don't think that a $10 mark up is outrageous if you truely want the line.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I didn't say I wouldn't buy these big pieces of crap.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I actually kind of like them. I still don't have wave 3, but got the first 2 easily and as a gift from my parents who went to Disney World last year. I think that the model train wearing an appliance and the tiki room bird with its skin and feathers removed are a bit of a stretch, and mostly lame, but the other droids seem to at least fit into the SW sense of design. Like others, I'll take as many astromech droids as Hasbro wants to repaint.

The Star Tours figures aren't any worse than any other EU figure. Hell, we got Zutton didn't we (and my TRU still has about twelve of them if anyone didn't)? He's from the SW Holiday Special for crying out loud!