Has Internet Cannibalism Gone Too Far? - a true story from the German courts!

This is too funny in a very sick kind of way:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/w...ibaltrial.html

OK, basically, IN A NUTSHELL (if you pardon the expression), this guy Miewes puts a website together advertising how he'd like to invite candidates over to his house to (uh...have something done to them) and then be killed and consumed.

This other guy (the latest victim in a refrigerator if you're keeping track of them) volunteers and they film it. - Oh and he was the lucky one. 4 other candidates didn't qualify for the big steaks past the primary (sort of like what's happening next Tuesday). And one of them gets eaten alive.

Well, not actually - after starring in a recreation of a scene from Basic Instinct - with one very important difference - the victim and the perpetraitor fulfill themselves in a way that would make the Iron Chef blush.

Just read the article and don't respond to any suspicious internet adds anymore..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040130meiwes.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	7432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good food.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	7433  

(JRP1@PHOENIX.CAMBRIDGE.AC.UK)

(Scene: The interior of a ship. Seagulls are crying.)

(groans and coughs)

1: Still no sign of land. How long is it?
    2: That's a rather personal question, sir. (low voices)
    1: You stupid git. I meant how long is it that we've been in the lifeboat? You've destroyed the atmosphere now.
    2: I'm sorry.
    1: Shut up. Start again.

2: 33 days, sir.
    1: Thirty-three days?
    2: We can't go on much longer. (low voices) I didn't think I destroyed the atmosphere.
    1: Shut up.
    2: Well, I don't think I did.
    1: 'Course you did.
    2: (aside, to 3) Did you think I destroyed the atmosphere?
    3: Yes I think you did.
    1: Shut up. Shut up!

4: Have we started again? [slap]

1: STILL no sign of land. How long is it?
    1: Thirty-three days?
    2: We can't go on much longer, sir. We haven't eaten since the fifth day.
    5: We're done for, we're done for!
    1: Shut up, Maudling.
    2: We've just got to keep hoping. Someone may find us.

6: How we feeling, Captain?
    C: Not too good. I...I feel so weak.
    2: We can't hold out much longer.
    C: Listen...chaps...there's still a chance. I'm...done for, I've...got a gammy leg and I'm going fast; I'll never get through. But...some of you might. So...you'd better eat me.
    ?: Eat you, sir?
    C: Yes. Eat me.
    ?: Iiuuhh! With a gammy leg?
    C: You didn't eat the leg, Thompson. There's still plenty of good meat. Look at that arm.
    5: It's not just the leg, sir.
    C: What do you mean?
    5: Well, sir...it's just that -
    C: Why don't you want to eat me?
    5: I'd rather eat Johnson, sir!
    ?: So would I, sir.
    C: I see.
    ?: Then that's decided...everyone's gonna eat me!
    ?: Uh, well.
    5: What, sir?
    ?: Go ahead, please, but I won't -
    ?: Oh nonsense, sir, you're starving; tuck in!
    1: No, no, it's not that.
    ?: What's the matter with Johnson, sir?
    1: Well, he's not kosher.
    5: That depends how we kill him, sir.
    1: Yes, that's true. But to be perfectly frank I...I like my meat a little more lean. I'd rather eat Hodges.
    ?: Oh well, all right.
    5: I still prefer Johnson.
    C: I wish you'd all stop bickering and eat me.
    1: Look. I tell you what. Those who want to can eat Johnson. And you, sir, can have my leg. And we make some stock from the Captain, and then we'll have Johnson cold for supper.
    Crew: (cacophonous) Hmm, yes, good idea, excellent thinking, very good, I don't suppose we could have Hodges in the morning, jolly good idea, etc

I think I read about this a couple weeks ago. If it's the same story, the people who didn't get killed were only poseurs, wanting to check it out and see if the guy was legit or not. Backing out when they found out the guy was serious.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I know your just joking around..kind of. But what kinda question is that Tycho? When doesn't cannibalism go too far, let alone internet cannibalism!!! What balls that guy had though I mean to actually post like a classified out for people to say hey sure I've always wanted to be eaten! just when I think this world can't get any more f*'d up! I mean hey I can understand if it's a matter of life and death, a matter of survival, I mean situations like that have been documented, not that I'd do it even if I was at the end of my rope, but just to non-chalantly asking people to volunteer?! Nah the authorities will never respond to something like this, it was voluntary! You watch! The guy probably will get off too! I just hope he got a signed consent!!! Well no actually I hope he didn't, I hope the guy is shot and killed in a firing squad, but you know what I mean!

Totally premeditated. Just because victim wanted to die doesn't change the fact that the killer planned this out well in advance. He should be gone for murder, regardless of what he says about it being a one time thing, regretting it, etc. I'm not buying it. He could some Hannibal Lector type manipulator who has the ability of talking others into the same thing, then claiming innocence again.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'm a sicko, so basically, i think this is pretty funny. I mean, here a guy says, "i will have my way with you, kill you and then eat you. Who's in?" and somebody DOES do this and the guy gets punished?!?! I can't decide whether the guy who wanted to be used up, killed and eaten was crazier than the guy who actually did all the work.

All in all, i do hope this guy gets some help as the net is way too risky; use the personal ads!

J/k- but i do this guy gets some psychiatric help as he really needs it. cheers!

Edit: Tycho, this WOULD make for the BEST "Iron Chef" episode yet!! Preparing humans!!! Hell, i'd turn in for that just to see what spices and whatnot were used!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 02-01-2004 at 02:43 AM. Reason: I was feelin' saucy!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    The guy probably will get off too!
    Well, I think that's why he did it in the first place . . .

Ahhh, Armin... you crazy German.

This thing's old news really, the wife and have been following it for a while.
    Hadn't heard that they gotten to a conviction yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    Nah the authorities will never respond to something like this, it was voluntary! You watch! The guy probably will get off too!
    It's funny because I'd initially read that one of the problems that they'd had with charging him, was that there's technically no laws against cannibalism in Germany. They were trying to think of creative approaches like "aggravated mischief against a dead body" and stuff like that.

This whole story from start to finish is about as creepy as it gets. He'd been prowling for someone to do this with for a while. After he'd found someone and then done it, he ended up spending all sorts of time online in chat rooms bragging about it. Amazing. Easily one of the top 10 most perverted and vile events of its kind.
    plasticfetish.net

It must be my twisted sense of humor, but I was laughing all the time I was reading most of your responses.

Meiwes got 8 1/2 years for manslaughter, because they couldn't convict him on murder, since "it was consensual."

I can just imagine the police knocking on his door: "Uh...we have a warrant to make sure nothing's wrong with your refrigerator."

I mean yes this guy's sick. He said that the only way he felt he could ever really "get close to a man" was to consume a man.

And the Germans are having trouble saying this guy is crazy? Their basis for that is that he wasn't insane when he placed ads on the internet for this "opportunity."

I mean, what did the ads say? "Cannibal's Party: Bring your own Seasoning"

I wonder if maybe he listed things to eat and not to eat for a few days before hand. Ya know, like when the doctor tells you not to eat after midnight before some type of procedure. Maybe for a spicy taste the guy ate Mexican?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars