Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's Design a Star Wars amusement park!

OK, let's design a Star Wars amusement park.

First, we have to look at the most successful example of an amusement park in history: Disneyland.

Like Disneyland has Tomorrow Land, Frontier Land, Adventure Land, Fantasy Land, Main Street USA, and so forth, I think our Star Wars amusement park must be organized into theme lands.

So that'll be the first step.

FOR THEME LANDS, I'd recommend the planets, loosely organized under great monikers:

The Judland Wastes - Tatooine World

The Empire - The Death Star, space battles, etc.

Hoth

Cloud City

Dagobah

Endor

Naboo

Coruscant

Kamino

Geonosis

Before we decide what rides and activities to put in them, does anyone have any better ideas on how to divide up our park?

Any better names for the "lands" - (i.e. Tomorrowland, etc.)

And remember, 10 "lands" will be difficult to fill.

I thought about the alternative of combining Kamino, Hoth, and at least the Otah Gunga part of Naboo into "Waterworld" or something like that.

I think the only thing left Tycho would be names. Maybe as part of the Empire you could have the Death Star attraction.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, we'll get into the attractions, planet by planet, once we decide on the names for the lands...

Scratch that. It may not work. OK, let's do the attractions.

What planet should we start with? HOTH because I so much want this:

In the center of the Hoth park, stands a LIFE-SIZE replica of an AT-AT walker.

Rollercoaster tracks go around the thing in spirals and loops.

You board 4-6 men Snowspeeder cars, none attached to another.

The Tailgunners sit riding BACKWARDS, just like Janson did.

Laser tag controls on both the forward and rear cannons record your hits (per individual rider by seat number) as you go through the battle of Hoth.

Sometimes the Snowspeeders dive almost underground into caves with Wampas and Probe Droids. AT-ST targets (2 of them) also are on the scene.

Actually, maybe there are 2-3 AT-AT's as well, just to make the ride long enough.

The 2-3 tracks board separately, so there are other Snowspeeders flying on separate flight patterns while you are on your ride.

You're hit and crash at the end of the ride, grinding in "the snow" to come to a halt back at the boarding station.

While you're waiting in line, E-webb cannons you can put quarters in let you take shots at the Snowspeeders - possibly with water, or otherwise with Lasertag equipment.

For the kiddies, there will be a merry-go-round with TaunTauns.

For everyone, an Echo Base environment with Lasertag to be played out in an Ice-Base maze. Teams of Rebels and Imperials will be formed before each group is allowed to go in.

Any other ideas for Hoth?

Don't forget the holographic circus from the Christmas special.

One of the rides could be Luke and Leia's Tunnel of Love....an extremely popular ride with the hillbilly crowd.

What? You rather kiss a Wookie? I can arragne that.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Hoth? Hmm . . .

Photo ops with some guy in a big Wampa suit!
    Put on your swimsuit and take a dip in the "Bacta Tank O' Fun!"
    Repair the Falcon with real tools!

No, not really. I can't think of anything for Hoth!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I just realized where this idea got stuck in my head from:

Jedi Master Sal started a poll on this same topic in the polls section.

Maybe we'll get merged. But in case we don't, go over there and vote on his poll and check out the ideas over there. They look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Hoth? Hmm . . .

Photo ops with some guy in a big Wampa suit!
    Put on your swimsuit and take a dip in the "Bacta Tank O' Fun!"
    Repair the Falcon with real tools!

No, not really. I can't think of anything for Hoth!

Actually, this could be put into a game, like dunk the dummy, but in this case it would be dunk the Jedi wanna be.

How about an escape from Echo Base ride, similar to a haunted house. You must ge through the basew while it is collapsing and all. Snowtroopers pop out of every turn, and if you're really unlucky, Darth Vader will snag you.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Kind of like Universal Studio's earthquake experience? But sort of a family ride (ie not extreme rollercoaster like the AT-AT attack)?

That'd work.

Let's move on and work on Tatooine. This one will require a lot of time:

1) Escape Pod ride - similar to freefall rides, all you do is board an simulated section of the blockade runner that leads you into your escape pod, and you get raise up with scenery that looks like the ship's auto-launch sequence is positioning you for launch, and then the sides of the tube open so that you can get your scream looking out the windows while you're in free-fall.

2) Landspeeer bumper cars - all different kinds of speeders as seen in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa.

3) Merry Go-Round with Eopies, Rontos, Banthas, Dewbacks - LOL - do you know how strange this would look? Ah...it'd be great.

4) Moisture Vaporator vending machines. Yup - get your Pepsis, Cokes, and bottled water out of realistic moisture vaporators that take your "Jawa credit chips."

5) Jawa Droid Factory - yup. In a life-size replica of a sandcrawler, kids can use life-size (very basic) droid parts to put together their own droids and take pictures with them. Sort of non-ride fun. You could make R1's to R5's, and more! They could use lightweight plastic parts that plug together like Little Tikes toys, but are painted to look like realistic metal. Uh - action figure stands "in life size" will be required for protocal droids so we don't have any accidents. But if this works for Legoland, why not Star Wars?

6) Mos Eisley Cantina - not a ride, but a restaurant with alien servers cast to help the patrons. (no droids allowed) Video games available on console tables.

7) Jabba's Dungeon - like a haunted house, you work your way through the prison level seeing all kinds of horrid Star Wars aliens, just like R2D2 and C-3PO did. If they do this in groups, each group could free actors playing Han and Chewie, and they could lead you out of the maze when it winds up in a cage with a huge animatronic Rancor monster that grabs for you!

By the way, a slide into the Rancor pit (mild so as to make it so everyone and not just Jedi can use it) could be part of the escape that Han and Chewie lead you on. (It must be smooth so as to keep the Wookiee costume nice)

8) Sarlaac Attack! - This could be an awesome "roller coaster ride" in a way: you get on a chair seat like Batman at SixFlaggs, so you're kind of sitting-standing, but your legs are free... The center grip is a green lightsaber handle that has about 45 degree manipulation ability. The chair leaves a skiff boarding platform and you are taken through a series of flips that land you on one skiff, then another, with a scary drop directly over the Sarlacc's mouth. You use the lightsaber to hit strike-resistant skiff-guard aliens that come at you (like the cardboard standups - only sturdier material) and maybe to make it more scary, a few live actors in Gamorrean padding (so you can hit them too). Then it flips you up into the sailbarge itself, and you go through like a dark maze of turns and changes in the corridors, with more aliens popping out at you (the sailbarge has cut aways on its top so the moving arm that takes you through the overhead track can manipulate) and finally, after you face Fett and Jabba, you fly out the back with some pyrotechnics great for photo opportunities for your friends to take of you (but safely away from the riders).

This ride could be slower, so it could offer continous boarding like the haunted hotel in Disneyland, and hence, keep the lines moving. So people could ride this one over and over again.

The PODRACE - sure to be one of the biggest attractions, this could be done several ways:

1) a computer regulated 18 pod race, with varrying tracks swerving around each other, and a different pre-determined winner each time (not always Anakin's pod). This could keep lines moving and make it safe for the whole family, though be hard to set up. The rides would go very, very fast though, since it was computer controlled. An insurance liability, even at 40-50 mph on a ride, if the computer screwed up, so would someone's ability to walk away from this ride.

2) real racing. Probably at slower speeds: 25 mph, with people signing insurance waivers, and non-destructable foam obstacles to handicap those who get to start out in front (since there won't be time for pace running to qualify for the starting positions). Anyway, somehow, the vehicles are made so crashing into each other or the barricades, won't destroy anything or injure anyone. However, every rider is alloted a certain amount of time to finish the race - more than enough time for the average pilot - and then that's it. Your pod turns off. That'll discourage some of the smart-aleks who want to spend their time crashing into everyone else, as they won't get as much track time to fly if they don't move through the course.

I suggest we have BOTH podraces - one called Tatooine World Podracing, and the other called the Boonta Eve Challenge!

Tatooine could be so much fun, I suspect this part of the park would be very crowded!

Tusken Ambush: Avoid the Tusken Raiders in a game over Lazer Tag. You and some friends can go up against a team of Tusken Raiders. Avoid being hit and take them out.

Lucas Arts should make a video game like Roller Coaster Tycoon that you build your own SW theme park.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!