Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up It's a miracle!!

So today I took the day off to get my yearly health check up done and since the lab/doctor is in the same building as the mall I went to KB while they were opening, just to kill some time until the doctor arrived and to my surprise I stumble upon "new" figures. Now I say "new" since besides the firs 2 Waves of Clone Wars, the regular Saga figures were stuck on the Obi Wan Acklay wave.

So I look and see the Death Star Clash Vader, 3PO, the Snowtrooper, Throne Room Duel Luke & Vader, Pit Boba Fett, Ceremony Anakin and Hoth Han at $6.99 which isn't that bad but isn't good either, so I pick up Hoth Han, Snowtrooper and Anakin but while I'm checking to see if I can find a blue coat Han(all the ones there were brown ) I start finding old Saga Ki Adi Mundis, Teemtos, and tons of Djas Puhrs(sp?) and I notice this huge bubble behind them and low and behold to my surprise it was Ephant Mon so I snatched him, bent card & bubble and all and walked to the register. Even better was when it rang up, $2.99, just like all the old Saga carded figures(Palpatines, Djas, Teemtos etc.).

The more recent figs were still $6.99 though, but I found a cheap, ready to be opened and displayed Ephant so that kinda makes up for a bit of KB's inconsistency and harsh prices. The only plus in KB or any other stores stashing SW cases on the back, gathering dust is that months later when they break them out you might find a certain figure that either is rare to come by or is now real cheap. Is like one of those things you never expect to see.

Now my question, in what case or with what figures is the blue coat Han packed with, cause there were like 4 of him and all 4 were brown.

Hope you don't mind my long post, I just felt like sharing my happy findings.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Congratulations on your finds. I need to find the Snowtrooper and Boba Fett POC. I just called the KB closest to me and they are closing down soon. The worker said all they had were older figures and hadnt gotten anything new in for awhile.(in terms of SW) He also said everything was 20% off in the store right now as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, Our KB got the same wave with everyothing sept Ephant Mon (They also got a recard wave too) Most was gone when I was there but I found Rieekeen, Yoda & Chian, Bariss, and Aalya.

God for you. I'm checking my KB soon for Ephant Mon because of your story.

Apparently, my KBs are closing down soon, so maybe they'll have blowout stuff.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by CrossWizard

Now my question, in what case or with what figures is the blue coat Han packed with, cause there were like 4 of him and all 4 were brown.

Here's the scoop on the Blue coat Han. The Blue was in the earlier cases that you found and is believed to be extras from the 1st release. So all news ones will only be brown. I bought a sealed case from Entertainment Earth and it had 2 Blue Hans and no Brown. I have not seen one Blue Han in retail. BTW, you are talking about the Blue Han on the new card right?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Here's the scoop on the Blue coat Han. The Blue was in the earlier cases that you found and is believed to be extras from the 1st release. So all news ones will only be brown. I bought a sealed case from Entertainment Earth and it had 2 Blue Hans and no Brown. I have not seen one Blue Han in retail. BTW, you are talking about the Blue Han on the new card right?
    I saw blue coat, recarded Han twice. Both were at Wal-marts back in December. I'd imagine by now if any stores are still getting that wave it'd be brown coat, but then again with Star wars anything is possible. Just look at Cross Wizzard's find.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    I saw blue coat, recarded Han twice. Both were at Wal-marts back in December. I'd imagine by now if any stores are still getting that wave it'd be brown coat, but then again with Star wars anything is possible. Just look at Cross Wizzard's find.
    Yeah really, just think back when TRU got the rare and HTF AT-AT Driver FF wave and had it on clearance when we all thought they were gone!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah man, $2 AT-AT Drivers, Mon Mothma, prisoner Chewy, new Likeness Luke & Leia, R2 w/utility arms...... Not to mention $10 AT-ATs & Falcons!!

It seemed like a dream come true at the time. Mabye we'll get a repeat of something like that with the KB store closing clearance sales.

Oh yeah, and congrats CrossWizard. You saw the Death Star Clash Vader too huh? man, I've been going nuts trying to find that one. I've never even seen one of those at scalper shops. I have a feeling that's gonna be a real rare one someday.....

Nice find. I may have to check out KB's in my area before work today. Wish me luck!

-Matt
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

BTW, you are talking about the Blue Han on the new card right?
    Yeah, I guess since all the figures I found were gold striped(except the beat up Ephant and all the Saga leftovers). I was hoping maybe Hasbro packed them at least one of each color in each case but all 4 including the one I bought were brown. The Fetts were also the greenish variation but since I already own the first release I passed on it.

To my surprise the TRD Luke and Vader do not look so bad in person but I just wasn't into them, same for DSC Vader. Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper were the only ones I was really looking forward to and held off from buying online just in case, I guess waiting sorta paid off.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.