The Simpsons
    Growing Pains
    Fawlty Towers
    Different Strokes
    Silver Spoons
    Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    The Cosby Show
    A Perfect World
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I cannot believe that after 4 pages of posts nobody mentioned WKRP.

Now that show was funny.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Quote Originally Posted by billfremore
    I cannot believe that after 4 pages of posts nobody mentioned WKRP.

Now that show was funny.
    you're right on bioth accounts, that show was hilarious, as was Welcome Back Kotter
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Scruff, you thinking of "A Different World", the Cosby Show spin-off?

So far, just picking from what's been said here, in no particular order, here's what I would put on my list:
    • Married with Children
    • Seinfeld
    • MASH
    • The Jeffersons
    • The Andy Griffith Show
    • Cheers
    • Futurama
    • Family Guy
    • Simpsons
    • Cosby Show
    • WKRP
    • Newhart *
    • The Bob Newhart Show *
    * - newcomers to the thread

Dunno how I missed "Working" on there, that was another great show that died before its time. Same with "Sports Night" which was almost a drama though, and "Newsradio" if not for the post-Phil-Hartman season sucking so bad, it'd be on my list for sure. "Scrubs" is getting there, if it survives NBC's disasterously stupid timeslot change, it'll make it to my list next year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Newsradio was/is awesome. Do they still syndicate that anywhere?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

A&E used to show News Radio, but I don't think they do anymore.

Other than that, it's been many years since I've seen the show in syndication here on the Cincinnati WKRC station.

Yeah, I guess try finding the show in syndication on your local networks, because I don't believe any cable stations air it anymore.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Taxi, that was agreat show! (Whhhhaaat,,,Dooooees,,,a,,yellllllooowww,,liiiigh t,,mean?)

I also think M*A*S*H was great.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

Oh yeah, Taxi is one of the most watchable sitcoms I think. I wonder what percentage of the total number of sitcoms this thread contains? There have been a LOT of non-best sitcoms over the years, I mean, nobody has mentioned "Small Wonder" here for a reason.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well there are the definitive classics, like 'I love Lucy' and 'The Twilight Zone'.. But I really do enjoy, 'The Simpsons', 'The X-Files' (in syndication) and one of them Reality TV shows- the one about them people who have to battle one another over a rat by doing some heinous act, whilst the two from the group express their love and devotion for one another- Oh yea its called – ‘The Real World Survivor Newlywed Challenge’. .
    If you love someone, set them free. - Sting
    You can't find peace, by avoiding life. - Virginia Woolf
    No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! - Yoda

Two of my all time favorites are 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' and 'Northern Exposure'!!!

But IMO it is a tie or a very close race for the best by far, the best of all time...have got to be either 'Cheers' and/or 'M*A*S*H'! Taxi is definitely a close second behind these two! With 'Happy Days', 'The Jeffersons' 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and 'All in the Family' getting Honorable mention!

I know some people will just swear by either Seinfeld or Friends, and maybe I'm just a little bit older and didn't get into these right away, but I just don't think they were as good! I mean for both Cheers and Mash, we made sure we were home every night infront of the tube ready for new episodes of these shows! Seinfeld is funny, hysterical alot of times, but it just didn't grab me like the others did, besides how can a show about nothing have any substance to it? Friends, well I like it, and it's a good show but it just wasn't my thing! Although watching Jennifer Aniston dress up like "Slave Leia" can rocket any show up to the top of the list! uhhh scuse me um I'll be right back..
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 02-10-2004 at 02:57 AM.