Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I want the limited edition severed Luke hand and/or severed Anakin arm.. I think these severed limbs encased in a clear case.. Oh and there would be a switch, when turned on, would have the limbs twitch.. coooooool
    If you love someone, set them free. - Sting
    You can't find peace, by avoiding life. - Virginia Woolf
    No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! - Yoda

Well first off I only collect to collect and am not the slightest bit concerned with impressing anybody. But replicas of absurd things like Luke's severed hand or 4-LOM's right leg -come on. A Rebel Soldier Rifle from Hoth will look pretty close to a rifle you can order from somewhere. You could find one at some Gun Show I'm sure (though I'e never been to one)

Lightsabers, Blasters and cool AT-AT like stuff is awesome! Thats what we really want -thats what we're buying. The Jedi Training Remote and Yavin Medal are significant props and feasible, sellable, and profitable replicas. MR is right on the money.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yea, well Hayspawn, I am slightly on the morbid end of the scale.. Its just that the severed limbs bind the father and son team of Ani and Luke.. Hey maybe they could release a father/son special, two limbs for the price of one.. Oh, and the special edition version could have the twitching action, while the regular version would not..
    If you love someone, set them free. - Sting
    You can't find peace, by avoiding life. - Virginia Woolf
    No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! - Yoda

Master replica is going too far!

I myself have a limited edtion Darth Vader lightsaber from A New Hope. The lightsbaers I can see them doing, because the movies revolve around these props, Darth Vaders, Luke Skywalkers, Mace etc. I can see them doing those (which they have) let's have new lightsabers like Kit Fisto's or Aalaya Secura lightsabers.

These secondary props...like princess Leias hairhands (what a waste of time!) and Luke's severed hand (gross!!) who would want these except hard core star wars fans...which I know there are a few out there. But I would not want to but something that is a replica of something that was on a womans head for $399!!

I can see them doing the Emperors cane and the Yavin medal...but guys don't you think master Replicas is going too far!!?

Re: Has Master Replicas gone too far? Emperor's Cane, Yavin Ceremony Medals.

I actually bought The Emperor's cane as soon as it was available (125/1500) and thought it was very cool. It's pretty durable to. I also thought it was clever that it came with the cloak clasp as well.

I hope Master Replica's comes out with reasonably-priced costumes. I can't imagine a replica of Leia's metal bikini would cost that much... there's not much to it!

They've pretty much exhausted the lightsaber replicas.

I heard rumors that they were going to sell Stormtrooper armor. Anyone else hear that? We'll see.

Have any of you guys seen the MR LOTR items? I kinda think they went too far, IMO. I guess we'll see how they do with the sales. Anyone planning on buying any of them? Have you gotten any of the ST replicas?

On another note, I heard that MR may be ... Sorry, will be doing some vehicles. Something I'd like to see is a Naboo fighter, with some really great chrome work on it. I have the toy hanging in my living room. As nice as it is, seeing the gray color on it instead of chrome is a bit disappointing.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    Have any of you guys seen the MR LOTR items? I kinda think they went too far, IMO. I guess we'll see how they do with the sales. Anyone planning on buying any of them? Have you gotten any of the ST replicas?

On another note, I heard that MR may be ... Sorry, will be doing some vehicles. Something I'd like to see is a Naboo fighter, with some really great chrome work on it. I have the toy hanging in my living room. As nice as it is, seeing the gray color on it instead of chrome is a bit disappointing.
    I actually want the Severed Sauron Finger with Light UP RING. The rest is meh. MR is supposed to be doing a few more Studio Scale models, when what and how many is up in the air, altho it was mentioned like 2-3/yr. A few HUNDRED DOLLAR collectible "hanging" from the ceiling???? Not me....would fall and break on me with my luck.

I'm gonna pass on all the LOTR Master Replica props. Mostly because United Cutlery has already made most of the swords, helmets, knives and staffs AND at much less the cost of a Master Replica. I personally own the Glamdring sword of Gandalf and its f'n amazing. Comes with a wall plaque and everything.

I almost bought the Phaser from First Contact signed by Patrick Stewart -I found it for a great price once but passed. I would really like the Classic Phaser from The Original Series -but Ary Asylum just made a toy that lights up and makes sounds and is fun as hell to play with.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

It's my toy that I have hanging from the cieling. I wouldn't consider hanging something so expensive.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    It's my toy that I have hanging from the cieling. I wouldn't consider hanging something so expensive.
    Ah, misread ya. My bad.