Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DEAD line

gsj: "course, you prolly knew all this already"

-never underestimate my ignance dx7? personally i want me some fx7 or maybe a klingon d7 tmp upgrade mm next choice would be paul shaffer's organ-o-choice, the hammond cheesemaster 3000
    tanglewood = beantown? lurn sumthin new evvyday :happy: since you mentioned him, i ain't crazy about mozart neither
    vt
    np: local fm jazz

Well, U learn sumfin new every day (thanks GSJ). Twkin book, yeah TAWWWKIN book, I meant that, and Maybe Your Baby sprang to mind as a EP example because it is also possibly my fave SW song too

Perhaps Synclavier instead of Clavi

You sold yer Moogs? You mad dog.

Swaffy, I never really liked the Leslie cab effect and now on my fleet of E-instruments (using DX 8i) I always switch the (assignable) effect off. reminds me of cronky ol circuses

jeddah
    np - Tangerine Dream - NOT

sold my moogs?

well i guess if you call coming home from werk, findin' you're front door busted in, and all you muzical equipment gone, selling, then i guess i did sell em

i don't miss em now (mainly cause i stick to the piano exclusively, in lieu of electric keybaords), but back then, hoo doggy, was i ever freaked! i ended up replacing them with an oberheim obx (most famous use is prolly van halen jump), and believe it or don't, a casio cz-100 , my 1st forray into a midi syth.

unfortunately both of those are in poss of my ex , back in 86' when the marriage went south, it seemed easier at the time to just walk away, and start over in total. (kinda back on topic now, seeing how this here thread is titled dead line)

musical weapons still at hand in the gsj arsenal are as follows;

- steinway 1923 model O grand (my pride, my joy, my baby!)
    - yamaha psr 505 synth (the only affordable syth i could find with a decent guitar sound)
    - fender rhodes 77 suitecase model (sheesh, you'de think i'd sell that puppy and get me a coveted wurlitzer already )(oh well, a bird in the hand is worth............, besides, with two chillin in the house, it ain't like muzical equipment is top o' my priority list these days)
    - yamaha psr 500 which is now in the sole possesion of masons lil' sister emily.
    - a whole lotta honer marine band harmonicas in plenty o' different keys (back in my jammin' days, which still do happen from time to time, you never know when some smartallicky guitarist is gonna show up with a capo, and force you to harp along a 1-5-7 blues in the key of d flat ) (E baby! it's supposed to be in the key of E sheesh)

synclavie is prolly the proper name, but i'm still gonna call it clavi!

maybe (baby), one of these day's i'll throw a cassette together o' me warblin' at the ol piana fer some listinin' pleasure (or horror) fer you guys.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Thumbs up to GSJ tinklin

And you have a 77 Fender How many AF Tie Ds and E-Wings and Arrays would I have to get you to part with that baby. Wowerama. Those things go for an absolute FORTUNE in the yUK!

Din't understand about the burglariser, sorry to hear about that...At least from a karmic POV no good will ever come out of the theft

Get some choons in the can - shame we don't have upper class net connex in my house, we could liaise on a MM-oriented muso-project

jeddah - I can barely read music. I work by ear. You proper musos make me greener'n Yoda.

Thumbs up i'm an ear man meself

never could be bothered with that written down crapola! the missus is classically trained, and can play anything you stick in front of her. me, i started tinklin' back when when i was 14, i tried the guitar, but could never figure out the frettin' and all.

i do play kinda loud tho'. i taught my self the piano by lissinin' to who tunes, and always seemed to be translatin' kieths wild ars drummin' into piano riffs.

i started writin' my own tunes, after i got tired of folks tellin' me that my version that i would play of a particular popular song at the time, was not how it sounded on the record. (well of course it don't you dimwits (not you guys, i'm tawkin now to the gauzy memory of my former high school mates!), i'm playing a tune on a solo piano, it ain't like i'm a one man band here )

being that i'm self taught by ear, i rely on my fast right hand, to noodle me way out of sticky situations. i'm definately honky tonk improv all the way.

no song sounds the same when i play it twice. it always depends on the mood i'm in when i sit down to play. one of the reasons why i enjoy playing live as opposed to being stuck in the studio can, playing the dayum same break over and over and over and over and over and over.........................................

Question ear man? that ain't what your aVaTar implies :p

speakin of old equipment, in the latest ish of some uk fashion mag (elle uk maybe?) was an article about how retro technology is becomin a rage: clunky walkmans, giant headphones, brick-sized portable phones, bling-bling ghettoboxes, betamaxes, pagers, 20-year-old arcade games, colecovision, intellivision & woodgrained atari 2600 (personally i thought the 5200 looked best; i've kept one of its rotary joysticks all these years cuz it looks so damn cool- turn it upside down & you got a schweet phaser )
    and in another uk fashmag guy browning wrote a cool "free thinkin" article, and the ish before that had a cover story on some babetronic tv chef named nigella on the cover- MAN, how come all we get is yicky ol martha stewart??

gsj: "one of these day's i'll throw a cassette together o' me warblin' at the ol piana fer some listinin' pleasure"
    -np: tandream, "exit" ;D
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 01-18-2002 at 01:46 PM.

Sent today

par avion

GSJ and Mason's package including the epic pacsk and anything else I was meant to include (my memory is bad as you know, and I boxed these up in Nov or Dec)

VTs/Baal Jrs package (ditto above re contents)

VT's Betty and Ep1 mm pack with the RS in it. I also included the Egypt present in thies pack instead of the other to keep within shipping weights.

The GPO say they'll take 5 days to arrive, but I recently sent an R2-A6 to a friend and it took 7 days. I didn't bother DHL'ing them when I found out it took 3 days and Gemma would've made me cover the cost as she said the biggest thing the company (I work for) sends is promo videos for our schools so the boxes would've stood out like a sore thumb. Just a reminder that I'm covering the price of shipping on these as promised a few (number of) weeks ago so it's my prerogative to send them fast-o-mail.

par voiture
    BC3s AF Aliens Drop Ship & APC plus the AF AAT.

Now you can all uncross your legs and put the rotten tomatoes away FWIW, we pulled out of the house purchase today and told them to shove their mortgage where GSJ won't let me post so there was no need to "'crastinate" any longer....This also means that my address will be the same for the next nine months

jeddah

Wink WHAAT!?! 7 days instead of 5?!? that's completely unacceptable! ;P

then i guess i better get your pkg redy2send so Now whattami sposed to do w/all these tomaters?? make lipstick outuvem & give u a big kiss? vt

Talking woo hooo!

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

**********breath********************

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

np: the infamous - "right back at you"

one mo' thang

Originally posted by jeddah

told them to shove their mortgage where GSJ won't let me post
    greater forces than me seem to be at werk, i just noticed that my sig has been edited for family viewing

da heck did that happen dammit?