Central TX clubs???

Any clubs in or near Temple/Killeen? Thanks!

well britt,
    i know how u feel , there are not many 'groups' here in san antonio (much less new braunfels) either,at least not that i've found, but the action figures are still going off the shelves, someone else is collecting them too.
    later

Things are worse in the East Texas. While new figures do fly off the shelves in some of the Walmarts I don't know of and have never met any other collectors in my area. Even online there doesn't seem to be that many Star Wars collectors from Texas.
    Where are those new Star Wars toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Olie
    Things are worse in the East Texas. While new figures do fly off the shelves in some of the Walmarts I don't know of and have never met any other collectors in my area. Even online there doesn't seem to be that many Star Wars collectors from Texas.
    There are many closet collectors in the Houston area, that's for sure. I'll bet most of them are scalpers, though. I've caught a few of them a couple of times cleaning out the rare figures. You should've seen the masses of people in Wal Mart at midnight when the Episode II stuff first showed up! People from all age groups and walks of life. I was simply amazed.

I don't hardcore collect anymore, so there's no real need to be in a "club", but if I find something I don't have and it's in really good condition, I'll usually pick it up. I used to actively hunt (at least twice a week within a 20 mile radius) for figures I was missing. I only go for the 3 3/4" single-carded (no deluxe) figures now, though, with the occasional ship (like the A-Wing from Target). Can't get it out of my system for some reason.

I sold practicaly all of my MIMB ships (from the 1995 wave when Toys R Us cleared the warehouses) a few years ago because they were simply taking up too much space. As it is, I still have about 10 large U-Haul moving boxes full of carded figures and loose ships. I will definitely make an exception later this year and pick up one of each of the classic-boxed ships and the figures. I will probably go through what I have and dump stuff that simply is not holding its value at all (like the PowerFX series, Leia collection, etc.). We'll see.

Re: Central TX clubs???

There's a pretty good group in Austin. Check out their site. http://www.austinfanforce.org