Question Schindlers List on DVD

I've just been searching the forums and I can't find a thread on Schindlers List on DVD but from an online store where I buy DVD's, it lists this title as coming out in April 2004.

I guess I'm wondering why there isn't a thread about it. I'm very excited about this DVD and the main extra that I've heard about looks like a very harrowing but informative documentary.

Who's glad that this title is finally available on DVD?

Schindler's List is being released in 2 versions on 3/9/2004. A standard edition, and a deluxe boxset. The extras on the DVD's are the same, but the boxset contains the DVD, a coffee table book, the CD soundtrack, a senitype cell, and a certificate of authenticity inside a plexiglass case. Supplements on bth editions of the DVD include: "Voices From the List" featurette; "Behind the Shoah Foundation With Steven Spielberg" featurette.

Being released the same day by Universal "Broken Silence". A TV documentary that was produced by Steven Spielberg. MSRP for Schindler's List and Broken Silence will be $26.98 each. And the Deluxe Boxed Set of Schindler's List will features a MSRP of $79.98.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken Silence DVD.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	7482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schindler's List DVD.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	7483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schindler's List Box Set DVD.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	7484  
    Last edited by Beast; 02-08-2004 at 08:24 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks for confirming that JarJar. I just wondered why there hadn't been a thread about it. I'm region 2 so maybe the versions will be a little different.

Maybe we might get deleted scenes. Commentary and hour long making of's are my favorite extra's but deleted scenes are great too.

Spielburg's one of those, anti-deleted scenes guys. Very few of his movies have deleted scenes on the DVD's. Jaws and Close Encounters are 2 of the only ones I can think of. And you know his stance on commentary. He doesn't like them, and won't do them. But James Cameron was the same way, and he's changed his mind over time. I'll be getting the standard edition, because the movie is very very good. And well done. But they can stuff the $80.00 box set, that's not worth it to me.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

As far as other Spielberg DVD's, the extra's on Jurassic Park were lacklustre, the "making of" was really good but the others kinda sucked. Yet Minority which isn't one of his best movies is choc full of extra's

I'm gonna be getting the standard edition too.

Sounds to me like Spielberg is anti-dvd!
    Last edited by Darth Trymybestus; 02-08-2004 at 09:14 PM.

Oh I so want this DVD ! JJB, any info on the Region 2 release? Will we be getting that box set too ?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    Oh I so want this DVD ! JJB, any info on the Region 2 release? Will we be getting that box set too ?

PENDO!
    I think so. I'm region 2 as well. I'm going to be getting the special edition, not the box set.

Here's the info I found from Play.com:

Schindler's List - Special Edition on DVD at Play.com

Schindler's List - Special Edition Box Set on DVD at Play.com
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by I am Jabba the Hutt
    I think so. I'm region 2 as well. I'm going to be getting the special edition, not the box set.

Here's the info I found from Play.com:

Schindler's List - Special Edition on DVD at Play.com

Schindler's List - Special Edition Box Set on DVD at Play.com
    Thanx for the info ! I'm deffo picking this one up .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Re: Schindlers List on DVD

If you haven't picked it up yet, there's a price decrease coming for the boxed set version. At least according to DVD Times. I wonder how the folks that paid full price will take this.
    Schindler's List CE - New low price!

Just weeks after its official release Universal Studios Home Video have announced a new low retail price of just $34.98 for the Region 1 Schindler's List Collector's Gift Set, due to come into affect from the 29th March. Originally priced at $79.98 (and it has no doubt sold thousands of copies at that price) we have yet to receive any statement over why the price has dropped so much nor whether any changes have been made to the plexiglass packaging that has seen numerous complaints due to its fragile nature (the actual specs and included extras are identical to the version released on 9th March, as detailed here).

The packaging woes consumers have faced seems the most likely reason Universal would have made this price drop so soon after release but even then this move seems likely to infuriate those who paid a higher price just weeks ago.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: Schindlers List on DVD

I would be peeved. That's a considerable price drop. I'm not gonna get the box set though. I'm Region 2 and I'm peeved that it's taking so long to be released here!

Although, I do believe that you Region 1 folks haven't got the Predator Special Edition yet? So that kinda evens it out!