Hybrid View

Original Spider-Man Cartoons on DVD

It has been announced that they will be releasing a 6 DVD set or the original cartoons from the 60's. Sounds good to me.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yep, just saw the news earlier today at TVShowsOnDVD.Com. Here's the full release news. Hopefully Buena Vista will see good sales from this, and decide to release season sets of the 90's X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons.
    Look out! Here comes the entire 1967 Spider-Man 'toon series
    Posted by David Lambert 2/07/2004

Is he strong? Listen, bud...he's got radioactive blood!

Through release after release of the 1994 cartoon series for Spider-Man onto DVD, bonus episodes of the classic 1967 series have been included each time. And each time we've heard from fans asking "why don't they just put out the entire '67 series on it's own DVD?"

Hold onto your webs, Spider-fans, because Buena Vista has heard you loud and clear!

Thanks to Tom Woodward of DVDAnswers.com, we are able to tell you that a 6-DVD collection of the series is swinging into action on June 29th, at the same time as the new Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock DVD from the '94 show. Here's the flak direct from Buena Vista:

Available on DVD for the first time ever, Spidey's classic 1967 animated adventures are brought together in the amazing SPIDER-MAN: THE '67 CLASSIC COLLECTION DVD box set. This nostalgic six-DVD set brings together all 52 fully restored classic Spider-Man episodes from the original 1967 TV series. It's non-stop action and excitement as Spidey takes on his biggest foes, including Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, Mysterio, The Rhino, The Kingpin, Dr. Magneto, and many more! This unique set is a must-own collectible for every Spider-Man fan, only on DVD June 29.

Our thanks again to DVDAnswers.com for sharing this information; we know that many of you have wanted this for a LONG time. Look for a list price of $59.99 on this compilation. I know everybody will want to own their friendly neighborhood Spider-Man for that nice price!
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's 2 pieces of great news in this thread! I didn't know the '94 series was out on DVD. I'll have to take a look for it.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Sadly the '94 one is only out in 'Best of' releases. Hopefully Buena Vista gets their head out of their butts and sees how well this sells. And decides to do Season Sets.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks JJB, you just saved me the time of going to look for these. I just want to see them in chronolgical order, EVERY episode!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars