Board game figures by Hasbro MicroMachines Team ?

From Action-Figures.com : URL - http://www.action-figure.com/Article10959.html

You may not have heard of it but WOTC, (who are owned by HASBRO) will be releasing a STAR WARS Minatures game due for release around September 04 To start with they will release Entry packs which will contain everything need to learn to play the game that will retail for around $19.99 and Booster packs that will be $9.99 and give you more figures to add to the play.

The premier release will have 60 pre-painted plastic minatures featuring characters from the classic trilogy Star wars A New Hope, The Empire strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. As with most collectable gaming products the minatures will include Common, Uncommon, Rare and Super Rare game pieces (Super rares will only be availible in the Booster packs)

The figs like stormtroopers etc will be availible in different poses and characters like Vader will be availible in commons or uncommons with good stats and the Super Rares will have better stats and a new sculpt much like hero clix.

The game will run on a D20 system of the D+D Minatures game but will be simpler and more streamlined and you will be able to use blaster sabres and force powers as should be expected in any good star wars game.

There already plans to release an expansion soon after in 4th quarter of 2004 that focuses on the battles of the clone wars set between Episode II + III and feature characters seen in the Clone Wars Cartoon

To start with the Game will be based on character on the ground but Wotc are trying to work out with hasbro's micro machines dept to use them for the space style battles or release new micro machines with mini games in.

Amazon have them up for preorder for september Order yours here and save loads !!

So what will you get ?

Heres a list of whats expected in each pack. These details may change.
    STAR WARS MINIATURES ENTRY PACK
    Price $19.99
    The Star Wars Miniatures Entry Pack provides all the starting materials a player needs to become familiar with the brand-new Star Wars miniatures line.The miniatures in this product are randomized and playable right out of the box. This entry pack draws directly from the first set of figures, whichfeatures creatures and characters from the classicera of Star Wars, including Episodes IV, V, and VI of the Star Wars films.
    Each Entry Packcontains:
    * 16 Randomized miniatures withstatistics cards.
    * Rare, common, & uncommon miniatures.
    * A complete basic rulebook.
    * 1- 20-sided die.
    * Checklist
    * Terrain mapsheet & terrain cards.
    There are 60 unique miniatures in the set.

STAR WARS MINIATURES BOOSTER
    Price $9.99
    Contains randomized Star Wars miniatures from theclassic era of Star Wars.
    The Star Wars Expansion Packs contain a randomized selection of figures designed to expand any collection of Star Wars miniatures. Composed largely of the same randomized miniatures found in the Entry Pack, the setfeatures creatures and characters from the classicera of Star Wars, including Episodes IV, V, and VI of the Star Warr, films. The Expansion Packs will include super-rare figures that are not available in the Entry Pack.
    Each expansion packwill include:
    * Eight(8) randomized miniatures wuth statistic cards.
    * INcludes super-rare, rare, uncommon, & common figures.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

heh, super rare figures to be included in booster packs.

from the outline imagery on the side of the box's (anyone seen a photo of what the figures actually look like?), it appears that the 1st to be released classic figures, are nothing more than rehashes of the micro machines figure sets that we already have.

and from what i can see, instead of paying aproximately $5.00 for a pack of 10 or so figures as originally offered by galoob, they are now going to charge $10.00 for 8 figures, with no way of knowing before you purchase the box and rip it open, what the figures are.

well..........we have been clamoring for h'bro to utilize the long since dormant galoob molds, so i guess in some kind of bizarro universe, this is indeed a plus in the right direction......sort of..........i guess.........
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

This could be interesting but really nee to SEE the figures. You know what I mean!
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by good shot jansen
    and from what i can see, instead of paying aproximately $5.00 for a pack of 10 or so figures as originally offered by galoob, they are now going to charge $10.00 for 8 figures, with no way of knowing before you purchase the box and rip it open, what the figures are.
    Well actually it was 7 figures, but yeah. At least then you got to compare paint jobs and knew what you were getting.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Unhappy Surprise packs?

I will be always interested in new MM and AF figures and vehicles.
    I am even willing to buy poor product, just to support the line.
    BUT I am not definitely going to buy a lot of surprise packs in order to collect random figures, ending with multiple copies of the same common items.
    If you (Hasbro) want to sell MM and AF I will buy, but please do not think I can be fooled in this way.
    I may buy multiple of some items, but I want to be able to decide how many and which ones. To be forced to buy big quantities of potentially uninteresting items looks really bad. And I am not even thrilled by the chance of getting a Super Rare figure (knowing I will probably get the 100th piece of what I already have).

Anyway I am not interested in role playing games, so I am considering this from the point of view of the miniatures alone. Someone interested in the game may think differently.

JediGoofy

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Well actually it was 7 figures, but yeah. At least then you got to compare paint jobs and knew what you were getting.
    you got me to thinking, so i found this photo over at d&s toys of the imperial officers set, the amount is 9 figures.

what's very interesting in the ebay auction link that sicqnus had posted today, is the verbage at the bottom of the auction listing, whic was quoted from rebelscum yesterday

The Future Of MicroMachines?

Yesterday's report at Action-figure.com on the upcoming Star Wars miniatures game also included a mention into the possibility of including MicroMachines in the rules. According to the latest issue of InQuest Gamer magazine Wizards of the Coast has approached the creative boffins on Hasbro's MicroMachines team to encorporate vehicle rules and scenarios into possible future Star Wars MicroMachines releases. Engaging the tabletop gaming community would certainly be an excellent way of saving this popular toy line, and would widen the scope of the toys. Anyone fancy re-enacting the Battle of Geonosis?

if h'bro through wizards of the coast does indeed start making episode I ships that were never produced, episode II and possibly ep. III micro machines vehicles for this card game, then i would be inclined to buy the vehicle booster packs in hopes of securing a long sought out tf lander, control ship, and the like.

it's wait and see time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imperial officers.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	7506  
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 02-10-2004 at 02:02 PM.

Could be interesting if we see figures like those included in the ToyWiz MechWarrior Micros.

- "There already plans to release an expansion soon after in 4th quarter of 2004 that focuses on the battles of the clone wars set between Episode II + III and feature characters seen in the Clone Wars Cartoon" -

Clone Wars figures should be the opportunity to see little Clone Troopers and maybe vehicles. At least we could get figures for our last Action Fleets.
    Wait and see.

http://www.toywiz.com/mesifi.html
    http://www.toywiz.com/mecwarcolmin.html
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

i was intrigued enough to go and pre-order the entry pack and one expansion pack from amazon. i figured that since they were offering the entry pack at a pre order discount ($13.00 instead of the announced retail price of $20.00), that i would take a gamble and then judge for myself whether or not this is indeed the return of mm's in some format.

unfortunately, these things aren't being released until september, so's we got's to wait til then to see.