Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Do you know.....

....that the Bantha in ANH is actually an ELEPHANTS

Apparently, a Bantha costume was prepared and the elephant was made to wear that. Obviously the animal was not too thrill about the new costume and the shooting was delayed quite a bit.

This piece of info was obtained from the book Starwars Chronicles that I was flipping in a bookshop this afternoon. Cool!!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Do you know...

....the Ewoks were all MIDGETS??

Short people dressed up in costumes in Return of the Jedi. Rirchard Marquand couldn't wrangle them like Master George could so it delayed filming for awhile.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Ummmm, what did you think the Banthas were under that costume? Rabbits? Chipmunks?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Elephants? Wow, I always assumed it was the same CTW workers who brought Snuffaluf***us (sp?) to life . . .

Thumbs up

Don't be so hard on humsup. There were a few things that took me a long time to realize, about the movies. He might've thought they were robotic, or something, like the dewback were supposed to be.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Thanks BCJ for coming to my defence. I have never thought an elephant will be used for shooting the Bantha and BCJ was right, I tot they used roboting or even a modified truck for that. Or Computer graphics ...... but silly me, with the kind of technology back in 1977, its quite unlikely to make the Bantha so life like and with natural movements as we saw in the film.

Do you know.....

.....I do now!

I never really though about it until now,you learn something everyday
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

RIGHT ON, B-CJ!

There's always something new to find out about the Star Wars universe.....EpI has generated new interest for a whole generation never exposed the OT before now. Instead of criticizing, how about applauding their thirst for knowledge for things SW like you now possess?

*Sheesh, people!*

Thumbs up

AMEN!TeeEye7,Everyone learns something new everyday, if not what would all this be for?

No more in-fighting amongst the Senate members will be tolerated!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**