Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am just getting started

I just got the bug a week ago and look what happened!

TotalsEnd Price Items I've Won $378.73
    Unbelievable. It started out with wanting my fav. childhood toy (ewok village) And pretty soon escalated. So far I have around 30 loose figures, the ewok village, an at st (minus hatch which is on the way) 2 speeder bikes 1 with a box and biker scout, a radar laser cannon w/ the box, little catolog and instructions and the decal sheet, ewok catapult to go with the village, and I still have alot of items on the way, darth vader tie, millenium falcon X2, x wing X3, at at, landspeeder, several mini rigs, and who knows what else. Oh yeah I won a lot of 48 figures in a vader case that looked like at least half of were complete. The lady said the compartment has a bunch of accessories and weapons also. I also forgot to mention a rancor with esb box, and a potf leia on card for 30!(the card is a little beat up but unpunched). Also I lost my luke skywalker stormtrooper somewhere close to 1986 if anybody finds it I really need it!
    Last edited by The real Luke; 02-10-2004 at 12:12 AM.

Congrats buddy. I know how it fels. I got the bug back in 95 when they released this new line. It has been a journey. Hope you enjoy your stay at the forums and welcome aboard.

BTW I still love my vintage toys. They are probably the crowning jewel in my collection. I have about 85 figures, some duplicates. The only wave I never got was the ones with the coins. I still have my ROTJ Jabba, nothing else from the playset. A Rancor, Speeder Bike, At-St(missing hatch as well) Taun Taun, Imperioal Attack Base and many more things I cant remember off the top of my head. Are yougoing to get into the newer figures as well? If you are, check out the other forums, also check out the buy/trade classifieds, you might find some good deals there as well.

Oh yeah......I want an Ewok Village myself..lucky guy.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I got the bug, and it's hard to shake it. I collect more of the newer stuff, and it's hard enough trying to keep up with all the stuff they have coming out, let alone go pay the prices they are asking for vintage items. I have enough toys that I could almost open my own toy store! Bad thing is, I wouldn't be selling anything!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I am not really feeling much of the new stuff, we'll see how that goes. It just doesn't feel the same to me. So I guess right now I am stictly on the vintage stuff. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the new movies (even PM) I just love reclaiming my childhood. I just want to buy all the SW toys I never had but always wanted. That is why I bought so many ships and playsets to start off with.

EDIT: I did pick up an obi wan kenobi starfighter at the local Kay bee, you guys are probably the ones who cleaned everything else out!
    Last edited by The real Luke; 02-10-2004 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The real Luke
    I am not really feeling much of the new stuff, we'll see how that goes. It just doesn't feel the same to me. So I guess right now I am stictly on the vintage stuff. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the new movies (even PM) I just love reclaiming my childhood. I just want to buy all the SW toys I never had but always wanted. That is why I bought so many ships and playsets to start off with.
    I hear you. My parents threw away some of my older collection. My mom threw out some of my figures because I had spent my entire savings on them (I think it was around $50), and now I'd love to reclaim some of those items I had in my youth. But that was back when I was somewhere around 13 or 14. Now many years later, I'm 38, and I have to buy the lower price range figures of today. I have to be content to drool over the vintage collectibles. I do have the original 12" Vader, but it was my brothers, and he grew out of Star Wars, so he gave it to me. I think the earliest figure I have was from Empire, and it has a sticker on the card saying something about a promotional "Revenge of the Jedi" figure. Most of the other figures are from Return of the Jedi. I may have some older Vintage loose figures that friends have just given me as they also grow out of collecting.

EDIT: I did pick up an obi wan kenobi starfighter at the local Kay bee, you guys are probably the ones who cleaned everything else out!

I hear ya. Between collecting modern and trying to get vintage stuff its a hassel. But last year when Hasbro had their distribution problems for 9 months, I didnt see a new figure. At that point I hit ebay and gathered some vintage stuff with the money I wasnt spending. It had to go somewhere right.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

You can catch some deals on ebay. I got the speeder bike ,catapult, and radar laser in this one lot w/ some other random sw items in it for like 23 with shipping.

You can catch some deals on ebay. I got the speeder bike ,catapult, and radar laser in this one lot w/ some other random sw items in it for like 23 with shipping.
    I know, but I'm pretty much strapped for cash right now. I have certain items on my "must have" list, while vintage is on my "wants". Trust me, if I was ever to win the lottery, I'd be buying up vintage left and right, along with a house big enough to store it all in! Must pay those bills first though!

Welcome to the world of paying off Skywalker Ranch, Hasbro Skyscrapers and keeping hundred of thousands employed.

Oh yeah, I have an Ewok Village and Ewok Battering Ram (boxed or loose) in case anyone is looking. The village is to big for my shelves and would trade if someone is looking.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Beware the dark side Luke! My Grandmother, feeling guilty at having thrown away my uncle's baseball cards when he got older, boxed up all of my toys and kept them in her attic. When I graduated from college and moved away from homw she took them down. I immediately went to work cleaning up the bad stuff and acquiring new stuff too. At the time all I cared about was collecting vintage - I had no interest in any of the modern figs.

Then came EP I. I guess all of the midnight madness footage took it's toll. I decided I'd buy one each of Maul, Kenobi, Qui-Gon, and Ani, just to have. Now I've become another of Hasbro's slaves.

Be mindful of the darkside. Consume you it will!
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.