Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SSG's Jango Fett figure pic

If you haven't seen the pic, here it is in the SSG news:
    http://www.figures.com/databases/act...how_article=16

First off, the figure looks fantastic IMO, though I am not convinced on the articulation. However, that aside, I think this may be an electronic figure that makes sounds because there are cut-aways in the center of the chest that, on other toys, usually means there's a small speaker just inside. Also, there's a hole in the belt pouch, no waist articulation, and the backpack appears to be extra thick, as if it was housing button-cell batteries. This is just a guess right now, of course.

Ultimately, a very cool figure!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We've seen this before on the official site and around the places(Although the one SSG seems to be multi coloured!)

The first coloured version we saw of it (with the man behind it) seems to be a 12" figure, plus with what JediTricks has said about it being electronic, it probably is

As for articulation it has a removable helmet,Removable guns,Turning left hand and has articulation in the middle of the right arm(elbow)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: SSG's Jango Fett figure pic

Originally posted by JediTricks
    However, that aside, I think this may be an electronic figure that makes sounds because there are cut-aways in the center of the chest that, on other toys, usually means there's a small speaker just inside. Also, there's a hole in the belt pouch, and the backpack appears to be extra thick, as if it was housing button-cell batteries. This is just a guess right now, of course.

I think you are right. Good observation Tricks. Hasbro has wanted sound in their figures ever since the CommTech chips.

We can only hope they do something right this time if they are attempting it. Reminds me of the Power F/X figures (light up lightsabers for the majority).

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much a straight meat-and-potatoes collector: 3 3/4" and 12", plus vehicles and playsets and I'm satisfied. How about you? Why do they market these things?
    (not that Jango doesn't look SWEET here! but remember Walmart's light-up hologram line?)

I added that there doesn't appear to be any waist articulation either.

GNT, I'm pretty sure that the pic you have is a different thing, but the same pose - maybe it was a design aid. The wrinkles in the fabric and the posture and the poses in the hands are very different, as are the sizes and orientations of the helmet.

I am pretty sure the figure has shoulder articulation and hip articulation (v-crotch though) as well as those mentioned.

As for non-meat-n-potatoes figures, I bought most of the Epic Force, so if it's just a few pieces and they look good, I'll usually be up for buying it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have attached that 12" loose Jango which is totally the same one posted on the front page of SSG only better looking IMO,all the joints are in the same place etc etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

It's not the same, I saw the one you're talking about, that one is different, it has crisper details and different hand poses, and no articulation at all, and the obvious helmet difference.

As for size, you won't be able to accurately tell sizes from protos anymore, I think, because the Realscan system spits out larger items than the Hasbro finished products.

Why is the rangefinder pasted to the side of his helmet? I really hope this is a deluxe or electronic figure and not the regular 3 3/4" version. POTJ has tested my limits when it comes to tolerating statue figures. This seems to be taking everything a step furthur. I really dislike how the left arm is molded sticking straight out like that. Totally useless pose.

Hasbro has somehow forgotten the whole point of action figures. It is not to re-create the movie scene for scene; but to use your imagination to expand upon the movie. Pre-posed and scene specific figures completely shoot down that ability.

For instance, just because Luke never actually carried a blaster or a lightsaber while in his pilot gear in ANH doesn't mean that we wouldn't appreciate either one as an accessory. Plus a hand actually capable of holding something.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Looks like the item has been re-described as a Tiger Electronics product. So, that explains the limited pose and the stance. Hopefully the actual Hasbro action figure will be much better.

I was suspicious of the image immediatly, especially since the rangefinger is attached to the top of the helmet. I figured it had to be, either a electronic deluxe figure, or somthing similar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    It's not the same, I saw the one you're talking about, that one is different, it has crisper details and different hand poses, and no articulation at all, and the obvious helmet difference.

As for size, you won't be able to accurately tell sizes from protos anymore, I think, because the Realscan system spits out larger items than the Hasbro finished products.
    The one I posted "looks" like it does have articulation in the same one as SSG posted, the only difference I noticed about it was the helmet as you said and the holes in him
    GNT
    ''

Hasbro Tells SSG To Remove Image

Hasbro has just contacted me regarding the Tiger (Hasbro owned) Electronic figure. I was instructed to remove the picture (and yes, I am sitting on a lot of them). Now, if we remove it, all is fine with them but we won't be able to bring you the latest pictures. If we don't remove the image, we won't be able to bring you pictures of their products from conventions (such as Toy Fair, Comic Con, etc).

Your thoughts?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!